Monday, March 4, 2019

Monday - A Warm Day Mostly Spent at the Campground!

It was a "normal routine" morning for Ken and I with him leaving at 7:15 to meet Ernie for their walk.  Noela and I met up with them around 8 and it was warm already!

Ken and I decided that it was a good day to spend time at the CG "catching Up" on somethings and relaxing after so many very "full days"!  He did some work on the computer and I did some reading and chatted with Fred and Doloris who left Florida on Sunday and were now within an hour of home.  The RV repairman came at 10:30 and by 12 he and his co-worker had both the sunshade and the nightshade working perfectly.  Both blinds required new motors and there was more work than we anticipated getting them reprogrammed to go up and down properly and coordinate with the truck engine.  

I got a phone call from Cindy and they just heard that they got a site here in Harbor Lakes for next winter - I am so excited to spend the winter with them!  They weren't thrilled with the site but just glad to get in.  Soon after we ended our chat, they got a another phone call from the CG that they had a different site available that might be better for them.  So, I got on my bike and checked out the 2 sites that were possibilities and there was no question that the 2nd chose was the best and they won't be very far from us. 

Had a good phone conversation with my mother and I am so thankful that Dad and she are doing well.  Ken read and rested and I decided to do some card making. I now realize how nice it is to have an area at home that is set-up for this craft project.  Working out of bins and tubs and having them on the floor around you is not an easy way to work and be productive.  I had a good time, but I think my card making supplies will stay at home next year!  I did get 5 cards made that I really like but it takes patience to do that here in the CG.

Ken and I took a short bike ride around the CG and then it was time to make dinner.  Ken had made salads this afternoon, so I sauteed chicken with peppers and onions to put on them.  So good!

Ken and I both left around 6:45 - he went to Celebrate Recovery and I headed to the pickleball courts.  There were only 4 of us there and we played for about an hour.  I went back to Wilbur to shower and then work on cards while watching "The Voice".  Ken was back by 9:15 and by 10 we were in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment