Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Monday and Tuesday - Nice Days!

Ken and I left the house at 7 to take his car to the body shop to get the paint repaired from the damage caused by the US Pipe Company while we were in Florida.  After dropping it off, we went to Gus's for breakfast and had a good conversation regarding all the changes we have been making since returning home.  Wow, there has been a lot!  Then we stopped at ACE Hardware and purchased a Weber electric grill to use here at home and in Florida.  The Condo Association does not allow gas grills because they don't want propane canisters being stored.  Ken assembled it when we got home and felt fortunate that the stand we had for our gas grill fit the new one!

I decided to spend most of my day working at my desk making greeting cards.  I have not had time to do that since our return from Florida and I was ready to do some creating.  Ken left to have lunch with Kevin because they hadn't been together since December.  They had a nice visit.

When Ken returned, we decided to go for a walk to Christian Automotive here in Lititz to get an appointment for the CRV to be inspected.  It was a beautiful afternoon for a walk with temperatures in the low 70's, but breezy.  Upon our return Ken did some reading while I continued cardmaking.  We had been anxiously awaiting a report from the inspection that was done on the condo in Florida but it still wasn't available.   Ken cooked on our new grils making delicious salmon and chicken.

After dinner, Ken walked downtown to attend a Christian meeting at the General Sutter Inn while I crocheted and watched Jeopardy and The Voice.  He was back by 8:45 and had just received a copy of our inspection report.  We printed it and then discussed the results.  Only 2 things were questioned - 1 cycle of the washer was very noisy and the electric panel was manufactured by a company that has had some issues.  Ken talked to our friend Burt who lives in this condo community for some additional information.  He was most helpful.  Ken will do more research on this issue tomorrow, but nothing is a major problem!  We were in bed by 10:30.

Today, Tuesday, we made a cooked breakfast and then I left for an appointment with my dermatologist.  I had a squamous growth removed from my lip in 2016 and another spot appeared at about the same place and looked very similar, so I thought I should have it checked.  Dr. Mackey wasn't sure what it was and because of my "lip" history, she said she felt it necessary to do a biopsy.  So, she numbed my lip and took a piece of the skin to be tested.  Not a big deal, but I wouldn't want to do it everyday!!!!

From there I went to meet Cindy and John and many others to play pickleball at the Hempfield Sports Complex.  I had fun playing, but definitely not one of my better days.  I left there at 1:30 and stopped at Root's Farmer's Market for some fruit and veggies.

Ken had such a busy and a bit frustrating day while I was gone.  He talked to say many different folks in Florida regarding the condo and trying to get information regarding the electric panel -condo association, inspector, insurance provider, electrician, etc.  He is doing a great job but it gets rather "taxing"!

He was out for a walk when I returned and when he got back we went to pick up his car, for they were finished with the painted part.  It looks great but they did decide that all the glass needs to be replaced.  The repair place had contacted Erie Insurance and the adjuster came to check it out again and totally agreed.  So we will take it back in a week or so when they get the needed windows.

Once home, we spent more time signing documents and then scanning and e-mailing them to the necessary recipients.  It can be rather time consuming when you are purchasing a property and  not in that "state"!  

Ken rested (he was up so early) and I worked on the blog.  Somehow I had gotten behind!  I ate an early dinner because I really didn't have lunch (my lip was too numb to risk eating) and Ken left to go to Celebrate Recovery.  I was still hungry so drove to McDonald's for a hot fudge sundae - so good!  I spent the evening watching Jeopardy and then talking to Joyce in Florida.  I also downloaded photos and finished this blog.  

I was surprised that when the novacaine was gone that my lip wasn't sore, not even to the touch - that's a blessing!  Hopefully it will require no more procedures!

Ken was back around 9:30 and we did more chatting about his evening and all the other things that are going on right now.  I stayed up to watch New Amsterdam, but Ken went to bed a fell asleep reading.  I read a little and lights were out by 11:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment