Thursday, April 11, 2019

Wednesday and Thursday - Cooler, but Sunny Days!

We did our usual morning routines and Ken left at 7:45 to meet Gary for breakfast followed by a very short visit at Jamie's because she had an appointment soon after he arrived.  After breakfast, I did some clean-up in my craft area and Ken and I did some chatting when he returned.  

After lunch, we left for Masonic Village to visit mom and dad, stopping to get drinks for everyone.  We were all so happy to see each other, for our last visit was right before Christmas!  Mom and I did some "catching up" in her room while Dad and Ken had some time together.  Then we got down to some serious card playing.  The men won the 1st 2 games of pinochle but the women were victorious in the 3rd one.

We were back home by 5 and I made salads for dinner and got a pizza from Costco ready for the oven.  We enjoyed our dinner watching the news and then the amazing champion (I believe a genius) on Jeopardy!  I spent way toooo much time playing a game on my tablet (I made a promise to myself to only play a limited amount of games per day, probably 2) and then did some crocheting.  Ken was reading and looking at Facebook.  We headed to bed around 9:30.

Today, Thursday, Ken left at 6:45 to have breakfast with one of his buddies from CR.  I was up when he left, got ready, and then did my devotions.  He returned at 8 and by 9 we were at Zig's Bakery right outside of Lititz to meet Jamie for coffee!  She wanted to hear all about our plans for this year after Ken had mentioned just a few things yesterday when he was leaving Jamie's house.  We spent about 2 hours together and covered so many different topics.  It was wonderful.

Ken talked to a realtor friend in Florida to get additional information on the condo we had toured right before leaving.  We have an interest, but we need to make sure we have all our "ducks in a row"!  He left at 1:00 for an appointment to do our taxes and I worked on this blog and printed all the info we received from Janet, the Florida real estate agent!

When Ken returned, we left to pay a second visit to Drew, the manager at US Pipe, to see what happened when the detailer came to look at our car on Tuesday.  Drew informed us that he wasn't coming until Friday (somehow we feel like we are getting the "run around")!  We went to Jamie's to see Bria and Cali when they got home from school.  Ken and Jamie went to meet Cali at the bus stop and I stayed at the house to chat with Bria.  We had about an 1 1/2 hour visit with them and it was so great to see them and chat.

Ken and I made another trip to Wal-Mart for the items we had forgotten to get earlier this week and got back home around 6.  We were both tired, but took the time to made salads for tonight and tomorrow night and some pulled chicken barbeque.  I spent the evening working at my desk making cards and then doing some crocheting.  Ken read.  Both of us were in bed by 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment