Thursday, April 4, 2019

Thursday - Beautiful, Warm, Sunny Day!

Ken was up way before me, because I had a terrible night's sleep.  Actually I had a hard time falling asleep - I had turned off the light at 11:00 but was awake till at least 1:15!  Not sure why my mind was racing - was it the frog we found in our shower and is still running loose, deciding whether or not we will take our trip to the northwest this year, the possible change in our housing situation in Lititz, the possibility of buying a small condo in Florida, or trying to figure how much longer we want to keep Wilbur and continue our RVing lifestyle?  Not sure why, but I just couldn't fall asleep!!!

I only got up around 8:15 and we did some more packing for our trip back to PA.  We left the CG at 10:15 and stopped at a Wal-Mart Market before arriving at Chuck and Melissa's.  She had just returned from another eye doctor appointment for a contact check-up.  

After some chatting we got on our bikes to ride to a Subway here in The Villages about 10 miles from their house.  I had one little booboo on the way and Polly, you would be proud to know that I was wearing my helmet.  The last time we were here I had trouble getting up enough speed to get out of one of the tunnels, so I was determined to make it down and out this year.  Needless to say, I had too much speed coming out and a golf cart was RIGHT THERE when I came around the corner and I sort of lost control trying to avoid his cart.  Fortunately, I just missed his back fender but I did end up on the other side going up the curb.  I was fine but the poor man in the golf cart said in jest that I almost gave him a heart attack!  My only injury was a cut on my shin from hitting the pedal and my pride!!!!  I felt so fortunate!


What a beautiful ride!




After lunch, we rode back to their house and headed to the 18 hole pitch and putt golf course that just opened in the middle of March.  What a beautiful course.  Ken and I hadn't played anything but miniature golf in the last 10 plus years, but surprisingly we did fairly well.  Both of us had the highest scores, but at least we didn't embarresses ourselves.

All ready for the big golf game!

This was hole #1 and if you look closely, you can see a
splash in the water after I hit my 1st ball!

I definitely got better!

It is a beautiful course and I enjoyed being with our
special friends!



On the way back we played a game of shuffleboard which the men won rather handily.  

Ken and I had brought some lasagna for dinner and Melissa provided salads and we had a delicious dinner.  We played some pinochle while it was baking and then another game after dinner.  Then we enjoyed the new Canadian board game, Tock, that Melissa and Chuck taught us when we 1st got here.  The men were victorious!

We were back to Wilbur after another fabulous day with Chuck and Melissa.  We went right to bed, did a little reading, and then lights out!

No comments:

Post a Comment