Monday, April 15, 2019

Monday - Dad's 95th Birthday!

Ken went for a walk before we headed out at 10:15 to deliver for Meals on Wheels!  We always enjoy being part of that wonderful organization here in Lititz.  All the meals are prepared and delivered only by volunteers, the only Meals on Wheels in Lancaster County that is able to do that!  It's amazing!

We ate lunch as soon as we got home and by 12:15 we were on our way to Masonic Village to celebrate Dad's birthday.  John, Cindy, Ken and I had purchased a special cake at Costco and bought him some homemade sweet bologna which he had requested.  He was surprised when we all arrived. Ken and I were so happy to Cindy and John because we hadn't seen each other since before Christmas. We also invited our special friends, Dan and Jackie, to join us because they are so good to my parents and visited them 2x's while we were in Florida, spending Sunday afternoon playing Pinochle with them.  Great to see them again, too!  Both Mom and Dad were surprised when they arrived with balloons.  So, the 8 of us spent the afternoon playing Pinochle, the men at 1 table and the women at the other.  I know it was a very special day for my dad getting to play with the "boys"!  It worked out so well that we all hope to do it again.

Dad looks amazing for 95 years old!
He always said he plans to live to 100 and
I think he just might do it!

Costco Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Mousse Filling and
Buttercream Icing - YUM!

The Althouse gang - Cindy, Mom, Michele (Cindy's daughter),
me, and our Dad!



We all left there at 5 and Ken and I had leftovers for dinner and then I crocheted while watching The Voice.  Again we were in bed by 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment