Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Feels So Good To Be On the Road Again!

Ken and I were up at 5 and left the apartment at 5:45.  Went to the Giant parking lot to hook up the CRV and we were on our way south by 6:20.  We decided to take Interstate 81 instead of 95 so we could avoid Baltimore and Washington DC.We did get off of 81 at Interstate 66 and then got on 17 over to 95.  It was a nice drive with moderate traffic.  We made 2 gas stops and ate lunch at a Subway. We stopped at a rest stop in North Carolina and I told Ken I thought it was time I drive Waldo.  So I drove from that rest stop to the next one, 55 miles.  I have a new appreciation for how focused you need to be when driving a "big rectangular box".  Ken said I did a great job, but when we changed places I realized how tense and stiff I was while driving.  I will drive Waldo again so that I can get more comfortable behind the wheel.   Fortunately Ken didn't have a heart attack while in the passenger seat!!!!!

I may look comfortable, but looks can be deceiving!

We drove about 600 miles, stopping near Florence SC at a Passport America CG for only $19.60!  Wow!  We put out 2 of our slides and hooked up to water and electric.  It was a fairly level pull through site, so we should be able to leave quickly in the morning.  We hope to be on the road before 7 and meet my sister and her husband for breakfast around 9.  They are staying at Parris Island and have about a 1/2 hour drive out to Interstate 95.  It will be great to see them!  

We plan to drive about 400 miles tomorrow arriving at Suwannee CG near the intersection of interstate 75 and 10.  We shall see!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment