Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Florida,, Here We Are!!!!

Ken and I left the CG in South Carolina at Exit 153 at 6:45 AM and headed south on Interstate 95.  The sun came up and it was another beautiful warm, sunny day - got into the 80's.  We arrived at Exit 33 just as my sister and her husband were arriving at Denny's so we could enjoy breakfast together.  Ken and I really like having breakfast at Denny's - good food and many great choices.  I loved my meal that included a pumpkin pancake!  It was so good to see them and discuss our adventures and continuing travel plans.  On Saturday they leave for 2 weeks at Jekyll Island, one of our favorite places!

We traveled about 400 miles today and were really glad when we arrived at the Suwannee CG near the intersection of Interstate 75 and 10.  Seems like an okay place, but not sure there is a lot to do around the area.  The CG is known for musical concerts and water activities and appears to have lots of "members".  

We did have 2 rather unique things happen to us soon after we arrived.  1st we had trouble determining the way are site was set-up and where we actually should place Waldo.  The lay-out of their sites on the map were very different than the way they wanted you to be positioned on the site.  We had to have one of the workers come to the site and explain where we belonged!  Then shortly after we were set-up, our electric went off.  Ken went out to check the electric box and asked me to come outside.  The back had been blown off our new surge protector and it was "fried"!  What is going on????  So we had to call the office again and ask them to send someone from maintenance.  By now I am sure they were ready for us to go to another CG.  4 different personnel came by and they all assured us that the problem was not with their electric, but with our surge protector.  We had trouble with this surge protector shortly after we purchased it and had sent it back to the company to be repaired since it has a lifetime warranty.  They refurbished it, but obviously not properly.  Ken will be talking to them tomorrow!

In the meantime, I got a call from Dr. Del Terzo, my urologist regarding my cytology report.  I had called their office earlier today, leaving a message regarding my frustrations for not having the report after 2 weeks of waiting.  He called me personally to say that they are very shorthanded at the lab and the lab work has not been done.  He assured me that I have nothing to worry about, but he will call me as soon as he has the information. He said he would not have wanted me to leave for Florida if he thought there was a chance of a problem.  (He knew when we were leaving when I had the procedure!).  So, I am done worrying about my bladder problem.  It will be just fine!

By now both of us were tired and a bit "drained".  So we drove to a BBQ place called Big Woods BBQ and had some pulled pork.  No a Sonny's, but pretty good. I think both of us will be ready for a good night's sleep.  It has been an interesting day!


No comments:

Post a Comment