Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Our Last Day on Manasota Beach for this Trip!

Ken was up at 7 and did some reading and working on the computer.  I only arose at 7:45 as I had stayed up until about 12 last evening.  I made breakfast, cleaned up and then talked about what we wanted to do today.

We called John, my sister's husband to wish him a Happy Birthday.  His birthday is the day after hers.  We had a nice chat. 


Happy Birthday John!!!


 Our next call was to Chuck and Melissa to see if they were able to get their slide fixed yesterday and move onto the place where they were getting their shattered bedroom window replaced.  They had planned to leave Alliance late yesterday, but had to wait and leave early this morning, giving the caulking a chance to set.  The glass company was measuring the window as we were speaking and they will find out later whether the new window will be delivered quickly or if they will have to return to get it replaced after Thanksgiving.

Today was supposed to be a sunny, warm and breezy day, so Ken and I decided we should go to the beach.  We headed to Caspersen Beach, but due to severe erosion, there is very little beach area there. 


The road to Caspersen Beach!

The water at Caspersen was so clear....

but the beach erosion so severe.  Very little place to sit in the sand!


So, we got back in the CRV and went to Manasota again to look for more shark's teeth and shells for my jewelry making.  It was another delightful day on the beach and we probably found another couple hundred shark's teeth.  Loved it!



And here we are at Manasota Beach, one of our favorites!

Ken took these photos when we were leaving.  Beautiful!









We left the beach at 5:30 stopping at Wal-Mart for a little fruit for the rest of our stay in Florida.  We are trying to get the freezer, refrigerator, and pantry as empty as possible before heading back to PA and we are doing a fabulous job if I do say so myself.  We will have very little to take home.

Just as we got back to Waldo, we had a brief rain shower while Ken was grilling.  After dinner and finishing the dishes, showers were needed!  

I did talk to my mother today and dad said he is feeling much better since they stopped his pain medication.  Hallelujah!  I also talked to my friend, Jackie, and all is well with her and her family.  

Ken went back to the BR to watch TV and read while I enjoyed The Voice.  I went to bed at 9 to read and write in my diary.

It has been another great day.  Can't believe we only have 2 more days in the Venice area!


No comments:

Post a Comment