Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday - A Variety of Activities!

Monday morning we went for a walk before breakfast.  It was in the low 50's, but sunny and very pleasant for walking.  Upon our return, we took Wilbur back to his storage area and then had breakfast at the apartment.  

I left at 11:15 for my ladies card club group that meet 1X per month from September to April.  I have probably been a part of this group for 25 years and always have a good time playing double handed Pinochle.  Unfortunately I only get to play about 3 or 4 times each year because of our traveling!  I really enjoy this group of ladies!

I only returned around 4 and Ken had kept busy around the apartment while I was gone.  He had also loaded some of his clothes in Wilbur for our upcoming trip. He left at 6:15 for Celebrate Recovery and I worked on the blog and got a few things ready for our trip too.  Bed by 9:30.

Tuesday morning we went for another long walk and the weather was perfect - in the upper 50's and off and on sunny.  Ken left at 9:45 to have coffee with Wendy, a great gal who used to work on our real estate team.  Ken just wanted to "catch up" with what is going on in her life and thank her for all the work she had done for us.  I continued the packing process, did laundry, and talked to Noela and Jamie.

After a quick lunch, we met Cindy and John at the pickleball courts and played about 2 hours.  We had so many great volleys and very close matches.  I am so thankful that Cindy started to play because the 4 of us can all be so competitive and rather equally matched which makes this time together so much fun! 

I showered when we got back and then spent 3 hours in Lancaster at the craft stores - AC Moore, Joann Fabrics, and Michaels, my favorite places to shop.  By the time I returned my back was hurting and I was tired.  

Ken had grilled chicken and salmon and after dinner we loaded some things in Wilbur and then watched America's Got Talent.  What a tough competition and so many talented acts!  We also enjoyed the show that the stars hosted to raise money for all the hurricane victims.  It was so well done and financial help is needed in so many areas!  Bed by 11.

Today, Wednesday, we ate breakfast and by 8:30 we were on our way to the huge RV Show at Hershey.  It was Senior Day and it took us quite awhile to get past security and then get our tickets.  It was raining off and on while waiting in line.  We spent most of our time in the arena at the trade show where we renewed our membership to Family Motorcoach, continued our Good Sam's membership, and bought a few necessary things for Wilbur - sewer hose (yeah!), 30/50 Amp connector, handle bar for the screen door, and a refrigerator thermometer!  Thrilling, huh????

We did tour the new Winnebago Sightseer 33C and they have made some nice changes, but we still like all the features ours offers!  We also looked at some park models that were so pleasing to the eye, but you quickly realize that there is no BR closet space, no washer/dryer, and some only have a sit up bar and no dining table.  Lots of "bling", but probably not overly practical, at least not in the few they had at the show.

We got to see Cindy and John and said our good-byes for we won't see them again until the beginning of November.  They are heading south about the time we return from the beach and will spend the month of October on Jekyll Island in Georgia.  

Ken and I left the show around 1:30 and enjoyed lunch at a nearby Subway. We also stopped at Wal-Mart to get a few needed items for our trip.  Home by 3:30 and the serious loading began.  By 6:30 we stopped to watch the World News and eat dinner.  I did the dishes and cleaned the refrigerator while Ken loaded our bikes.  Everything is now loaded and we plan to be on the road to Avalon NJ between 7:30 and 8.   We will met Fred and Doloris there and spend 10 days together.  Looking forward to a fun and relaxing time.

We watched the results of America's Got Talent and were in bed by 9:45.  

No comments:

Post a Comment