Friday, September 29, 2017

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - A Fun Few Days on the Home Front!!

Wednesday Ken left for his job at MCC after I had already started my walk around Lititz.  It was a beautiful sunny day with temperatures that got in the upper 80's.  I enjoyed my walk and all went well.

After making my breakfast and showering, I spent the rest of the morning crafting.  I am having so much fun being creative!  After we ate our lunch, Ken decided to go for a looooong walk on the rail trail that will eventually go from Lititz to Ephrata.  It will be completed next year, but right now it goes out 3 1/2 miles and Ken went both ways.  He was determined to get as many steps as I got yesterday (over 17,00 and he succeeded!).  

That evening Ken did some reading while I continued working on some craft projects.

Thursday was another beautiful day and Ken left at 7:45 to have breakfast with Gary.  I did some dusting and scouring around the apartment after cooking breakfast.  When Ken returned we went for a walk, showered, ate lunch and by 12:15 we were on our way to Masonic Village to play cards with my parents.  It was a fun afternoon but the men won 3 of the 5 games.

We had grilled chicken salads for dinner and then it was time for Ken to read while I returned to my office space to craft.  We were in bed by 10:15.

Friday was a positively gorgeous fall day with temperatures in the low 70's but there was plenty of sunshine.  Ken drove me to meet my Curvette ladies for breakfast, arriving at the restaurant at 6:40 - too early for this gal but I love being with my friends.  Ken had breakfast at a different location with his mentor from his Step Study.

I was back home by 8 and Ken around 9:45.  We went for a walk and what a pleasure to be out and about on such a wonderful day.  After lunch, we drove to York to pick up Wilbur at Beasley Ford where he got inspected, lubed, and an oil change.  We had stopped at Michael's Crafts on the way there and what should have been a 15 minute stop ended up being about 45 minutes.  What a confusing mess at the register!  I followed Ken to the place where we store Wilbur in Ephrata and the traffic was horrendous!  I think everyone was out and about!!!! 

We were back home at 4:30 and by 5:45 we were out the door and back to Ephrata to spend the evening at 10,000 Villages to have a light dinner and listen to a very special local musical group, The Craven Family.  Their son, Oliver, who is part of a nationally known musical group, The Stray Birds, was home and sang and played with his mother and dad.  What a special evening.  Doloris and Fred joined us for the fun time.

While there, I recognized a friend from high school that we saw about 2 years ago for the 1st time since graduation.  She had come by herself to hear The Cravens upon a recommendation from a salesperson at 10,000 Villages when Beth was there earlier in the day.  She sat with the 4 of us and we had a great time "catching up" on what is happening in her life!  She left around 7:30.

The concert was finished at 8:30 and upon Martin's invitation, we went to their house to play a game of Haus.  We had a fun, silly time, but the men were victorious!  Home by 10:30 and off to bed.

It has been a fun 3 days!



No comments:

Post a Comment