Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Tuesday - A Fun Day With Lanie!

Ken was up early to do some reading and I came to life around 6:40.  We went for our morning walk (I wore my SAS) and then Ken cooked us breakfast while I showered and got ready for the day.

Lanie had mentioned at my birthday that she would prefer to buy me lunch and then spend a mother and daughter day together instead of buying me a gift and I thought it was a great idea!  So, today was the day.

It was a gorgeous sunny, hot day with temperatures  near 90, a perfect day to be outdoors!  She allowed me to choose what I wanted to do, so we met in Ephrata and took a long walk on the Linear Trail, which is for bikes and walking and follows an old railroad line.  We met at 9:30 and I had stopped at WaWa to buy her hot chocolate and a pumpkin spice latte for me.  We sat on a bench along the trail drinking and chatting.  Then the 4+ mile walk began ending in downtown Ephrata where we went in a couple shops.

From there we went to The Deck and outside eatery that has delicious sandwiches, salads, etc. and the best homemade french fries.  We had such a fun day just spending time together.  It was a special day for this mother!

We parted ways around 2:15 and I went to Wal-Mart for some groceries, arriving home at 3:30.  Ken had spent the majority of the day at his desk catching up on needed paperwork, bills, e-mails, etc.  I was rather tired from the 17,000 steps I walked today, so I rested for about a 1/2 hour.  We made salads for dinner and Ken grilled salmon and steak.  We ate watching the World news.  My heart goes out to the poor folks in Puerto Rico.  What a devastating situation!

I worked on this blog while Ken did more reading and then I decided to do some crafting while watching The Voice.

It has been a very special, fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment