Friday, December 7, 2018

Friday - Back to Help at the Church's Food Pantry!

It was our usual morning routine with Ken up early and I joined him in time for the news at 7.  After finishing our morning routines, we had breakfast and I had a nice phone chat with Ken's sister, Priscilla.

By 9:15 we were on our way to Edgewater Church to help at the Food Pantry.  What a great "welcome back" we received.  It was so wonderful to see our Florida friends again.  It is amazing how they all remembered our names and made us feel so welcome!  98 people went through the "pantry" and it really is a wonderful feeling to be able to help these folks.  It closes at 12:30 and after cleaning up, 14 of us went to lunch together - a great way to learn to know these folks better.  We had a great time.

We were back to the CG by 2:45 and loaded the CRV with all the things needed for tomorrow's craft show at the Englewood Sports Complex.  Ken and I were there from 3:30 to 5 and are ready for tomorrow's show from 9 to 2.  I have really reduced the price on all my jewelry, as this is the last craft show I plan to do - I am retiring from the craft business.  I am enjoying making things to give away like crocheted baby blankets for Knots of Love (premie babies), x-stitch jars filled with candy, painted rocks, and greeting cards.  What fun!  I have really enjoyed doing these craft shows, but everything in life has a season, and this season is over for me.  I will have no more deadlines for crafts and that feels good!

When we got back to Wilbur, Ken did some checking on Facebook and I worked on this blog while watching the news.  Just a few "munchies" because of eating a larger lunch and then we finished our game of Hand and Foot.  Unfortunately for me, Ken won again, but only by less than 200 points.  I'm not sure what I need to do to win a game!!!!!

By 9:15 we were in bed to do some reading.  

No comments:

Post a Comment