Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Wednesday - Mostly Sunny Day and Near 70!

Ken was up very early after a restless night.  I did my stretches and devotions before appearing around 7, just in time for the Morning News.  We showered and got ready for the day before having a cereal breakfast.

Ken did more reading while I scoured the bathroom and did some additional clean-up.  Ken did the vacuuming which is a tough chore for my back!  But I must say, my back has been doing better with very little hip pain and the pain in my back having lessened.  We have been walking fairly often and it goes much better than it did in recent months.  It appears that the back shots have been rather effective!  

I prepped the veggies for dinner, had a nice phone conversation with friend, Jackie (we scheduled a time to get together when we are home over Christmas), and then we decided to take a walk in the neighboring property and in our CG.  Upon our return it was time for lunch.  We were able to eat outside, because when in the sun, it felt wonderful.  I sat outside doing some X-stitch until Rick and Joyce arrived around 2.  We sat outside chatting for over an hour and then headed to the shuffleboard courts where the games were a disaster for us ladies.  It was a marathon and the men won all 5 games.  Only the very last one was close and went on for a long time.  I think I need a lot of practice!

We only got back to Wilbur around 6:15 and it was time to start dinner.  Ken grilled cod, salmon, and chicken and I cooked quinoa and fresh veggies.  After dinner, we just stacked the dishes for Ken and I to do later, because we wanted to play double deck Pinochle.  That is a game that the women usual win and tonight was no exception.  Rick and Joyce left about 9:15 after we had dessert - ice cream!  We appreciated that they were willing to stay that late because they are picking up Lloyd and Deb tomorrow morning at 3:30 AM to take them to Punta Gorda airport for their flight back to PA.  It will be a very short night!

I did the dishes while Ken got his daily devotional ready that he sends to many of his back home "brothers".  He is so faithful in that mission!  We were in bed around 10:15 after another fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment