Friday, December 28, 2018

Friday - A Warm Day Here in Florida!

Ken was up at his usual time, 5:30, and did his reading and sent his daily devotion to his buddies!  I only appeared at 7:15 after a very good night's sleep.  

I started my day doing my stretches, something that hasn't been happening for the last several days - it was time!  We got ready, had a light breakfast, and went to get some needed groceries and reduced price Christmas lights at Wal-Mart.  We wanted rope lights to decorate the tree in front of our campsite and lights for our awning.  So, Ken got gas and waited in the car while I shopped.  From Wal-Mart we went to Save-A-Lot and Costco.  We were  back to the CG by 1, put all our purchases in their proper places, and then at lunch outside.  

I decided to go to a different Wal-Mart to return some of the lights I had purchased because after a discussion with Ken I realized what I had bought was not going to work.  While there I got the right lights and a beautiful plant for outside Wilbur.  I also stopped at Michael's for a fishnet and then to Marshall's .  While I was gone, Ken had rested and made salads for tonight and tomorrow.

We went for a long walk around the campground but it was not a great night for photographing the sunset - it had really gotten cloudy.  The day had been very warm with temperatures in the 80's and lots of sunshine. When we returned, Ken grilled a steak for me and salmon for himself.   Earlier today Ken did take a picture of our resident alligator that suns himself on a rock beside Ernie and Noela's campsite and an anhinga. 





I called Joyce and we are going to get together tomorrow afternoon to play shuffleboard here, go out to dinner, and then back to Wilbur for some card playing.  We are really looking forward to spending time with them again.  

We watched Jeopardy and then played Hand and Foot.  We completed the game we had started last night and Ken declared me the winner.  He did some reading and I did my devotions that I didn't take the time to do earlier today.  More reading and then it was time for bed.  Tomorrow is supposed to be less windy so we hope to set-up the outside area including the awning and our lights.  We also want to hang the fishnet from the end of the awning and weave lights through it and add shells we have found on the beach - hopefully our idea will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment