Thursday, December 6, 2018

Thursday - Cool morning, but then in the 70's

Ken and I enjoyed breakfast and by 8:30 he left for Edgewater Church to help set-up and unload trucks for tomorrow's Food Pantry.  Unfortunately, the truck that delivers the food was very late, only arriving around 12:30, so Ken only got back to the CG at 2.  He was happy to help, because they are really short handed this time of year!

I spent that time on devotions and phone calls to friends and family only finishing around 11:30.  I decided I would enjoy doing some rock painting, but it seemed like my creativity wasn't working that well.  That happens sometimes.  We were supposed to spend the afternoon at Rick and Joyce's home in Venice, but because Ken got home so late (we were supposed to go there around 1:30), we had to cancel our afternoon with them. Rick and Joyce were going to their church at 5:30, so it would have been a very short visit.  We rescheduled for Saturday.

Ken decided to rest and I drove to Hobby Lobby, only about 15 minutes from the CG, because they had a sale this week on any Paper Studio products which includes so many items used for card making, scrapbooking, etc.  I enjoyed having some time to look around.  When I returned, Ken I went to the CG laundry and to do our wash.  While it was washing we played a game of shuffleboard which Ken won.  I am looking forward to a re-match!  Ken went back to Wilbur to get ready for dinner while I put the clothes in the dryer.  

Ken grilled fish and chicken and we had salads with the meat - surprise!!!!  We finished one game of Hand and Foot and I declared Ken the winner after only 3 rounds - he was so far ahead!  We played 2 more rounds and he is a head again, but only by about 500 points.  It is time for me to win a game!!!!

I did some more rock painting, while Ken worked on his tablet.  By 10, we headed to bed to read!  It was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment