Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Tuesday and Wednesday - Sunny But Rather Chilly!

After our normal morning routine, we both left at 9 going in different directions.  I went to Jamie's to get my hair highlighted and cut.  Ken ran some errands and then was at Jamie's by 10 to get a haircut while my highlights were processing!  He left and kept busy most of the day.

He spent time at the Post Office signing forms to get our mail forwarded to Florida, buying chocolate at Wilbur Chocolate Factory here in Lititz, then visiting a friend from high school and having coffee with one of his CR brothers.

I had a good time at Jamie's and when she finished my hair, I asked her if she would have any extra Christmas decorations that I could borrow for table centerpieces for the Hosler Christmas get together this Saturday.  Ken and I are in charge for this year and decorating the tables is part of our responsibility.  So, Jamie took me to her basement storage area and she had numerous items that she was so willing to share for the Christmas party.  I was so grateful!

I met my sister and mother at Miller's Smorgasbord for lunch.  For the past several years Cindy and I take mom to lunch and then to the great Christmas Productions at the American Music Theater.  This year I only met them for lunch, because Ken and I are taking Lanie's whole family to the show on Friday as part of their Christmas gift and I really didn't want to see it twice.  The 3 of us had a fun time and the food was delicious.  I decided to just have the soup and salad bar and with 8 different soup choices and a large salad bar, I had plenty!

We parted at 2:15 so they could go to the show and I headed back home.  I spent the next 3 hours working in the kitchen.  I baked a double batch of oat bran muffins for my mother and then made some waffle pretzels "sandwiches" with melted rolos or Hershey kisses in the middle.   Ken did the dishes and unwrapped the chocolates when he had gotten home!

He left at 6 for Celebrate Recovery and I finished in the kitchen and then did more x-stitching while watching the finale of The Voice.  Ken returned at 9:30 and by 10:30 he was in bed.  I watched the whole show and was a bit disappointed that Kennedy didn't win.  I thought she was the all around best performer.

Today, Wednesday, was a great one.  Ken was up very early, but fortunately he was able to go back to sleep on the sofa.  I got awake at 7 and did my stretches and devotions in the bedroom.  I got ready, ate breakfast, and then dipped my pretzel sandwiches in white chocolate.  Ken took a long walk around town, stopping at a local coffee shop and to visit one of the young men he has been mentoring.

The window at the Chocolate Cafe here in Lititz!


I spent a lot of time putting my cross stitch jar together.  I have finally figured out the best way to do them, but it has taken some "practice"!  By then the chocolate pretzels had "set" and I was able to bag them for gifts for the folks in our apartment building.  Of course putting them in a bag wasn't enough for this gal.  So, I stamped some small gift boxes, put the bag inside, and then tissue paper completed the package.

By then it was 1:30 and time to leave to meet Jamie's family at Sight and Sound for the show, "Jesus".  First of all, the theater is positively amazing.  It is located about 30 minutes from our apartment in the Strasburg area.  The only shows they present are Christian ones and they are done so professionally complete with unbelievable sets and actor and actresses that are incredible.  It is like going to a broadway production.  There are live animals too including camels, horses, sheep, goats, doves and pigs.  When it was over, Cali's first response was, "Can we come again next year"!  The 6 of us went to Panera Bread for dinner and Jamie and Dane said they would like to make this a tradition every Christmas -Yes, that would make Ken and I so happy!  What a wonderful time of fellowship with our family!

Sight and Sound is very impressive from the outside!
Unfortunately you are not allowed to take any photos inside
during the production!


Their Christmas decorations inside
and outside were beautiful!

Some of Ken's favorite ladies!

When Ken and I got home, I finished packaging the Christmas gifts for my Curvette ladies, the girls, and our granddaughters.  Then it was time to work on this blog and watch a Christmas special with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.  We were in bed by 9:30 after a very special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment