Saturday, December 8, 2018

Saturday - The End of Our Crafting Era!

Ken did his morning routine and I was up at 6:15 to do my stretches.  We got ready for the craft show and were on our way to the Englewood Sports Complex by 8:15.  I was excited and at the same time a bit sad knowing that this was the last craft show I plan on doing.  It is a relief at the same time, but it has been a part of our lives for many years.

After making hundreds of earrings, pendants, sea glass pendants and sea glass pictures this chapter is ending and a new one beginning.  I had a "Going out of Business Sale", selling all my items at very reduced prices!  Ken and I were thrilled at the end of the day at the amount we sold and the small amount of products we had left - hallelujah!  The craft show was from 9 to 2 and we were both extremely tired when we left there at 2:30, not having sat down the whole time.  We met a lot of very nice customers and appreciated Lloyd, Deb, Rick and Joyce coming by as well as Bob and Pat from Edgewater Church.  It was a wonderful end to Gifts From the Sea!

All set-up and ready to SELL!

I didn't have many seaglass pictures left and I had decided
not to make any more before the show!

Let the show begin!!

This was all the jewelry I had left to sell at this show!  I can't
begin to imagine how many sets of earrings and the number of
pendants I have made over the years!

Thought the tablets I had made
were "cute", but they weren't a great
seller.  Fortunately I did sell 8 at
this show!


I love the seaglass pendants, but
not a great seller today!


Ken rested when we got back to Wilbur and I did my devotions, played Pop Words on my tablet, and relaxed.  By 4:15 we left to go to Rick and Joyce's home and they had graciously invited for dinner.  Ken decided to take a "short cut" on the way because he wanted to get gas, but unfortunately he got us lost!  We did quite a bit of "back tracking"!  We were there a little after 5 and what a delicious dinner they provided.  We did a tour of their home and all the work they had done since we left here last March - they painted the whole condo, redid the kitchen cabinets including crown molding, got new windows, and wooden plantation shutters on their windows.  It looks fantastic and they should be very proud of all they accomplished!

This is the view Rick and Joyce get to see our their window!

We played a game of men against women Hand and Foot and the women won by quite a margin!  Then it was time for dessert, an ice cream that has become Joyce's favorite and she is an ice cream connoisseur if there ever was one!  The ice cream is made by Blue Bell and the flavor is Mango Key Lime Pie - it was so good!  No wonder it is her new favorite!  Following dessert we played double deck Pinochle and the women were winners again!  What a night for the ladies!

Ken and I were back to Wilbur by 10:45 after a wonderful day and the end to a special "season" of our lives!  We both did a little reading and then off to dreamland.  It was a very busy last couple days!

Oh yes, we did get our chai "stash" delivered to the CG.  Two 4 lb. jugs for us, 1 for Noela, and 3 for Rick and Joyce.  It is Joyce's fault that we all got addicted to this great drink!






No comments:

Post a Comment