Thursday, December 13, 2018

Thursday - Off and On Sunny Day, but Milder!

Ken had his devotions done and I completed my stretches and devotions before joining him to watch the Morning News. We did enjoy a beautiful sky from the window of Wilbur before the sun actually rose and it seems to be an every morning occurrence!


Gorgeous!


Almost every morning we get to view this beautiful
red sky.  Ken did not embellish the photo.  This is just
how it appeared!



We both got ready and Ken prepared a bowl of fresh fruit for us while I made omelettes.  He left at 8:45 for Edgewater Church to help set-up and unload the trucks for tomorrow's Food Pantry!

I did the dishes and then started sorting and packing things to take back home when we leave early Saturday morning.  I also got a bag ready to take into a motel if we stop on our way.  The last 2 trips we made to PA Ken was comfortable driving straight through, but it is a lot of miles and about 17 to 18 hours, and because weather conditions and the amount of traffic play a large role, we are never "locked in" to not stopping.  We will just see how it goes for they are forecasting heavy, heavy rain starting around midnight here on Friday and continuing up the coast.

I went through all the cupboards and some of the outside bins and got most things in order that need to go to PA.   After that, I decided to work on this blog.  Ken was back early this week, 11, and we thought we would go to the beach for a couple hours.  But, the wind had really increased and when the sun was in, it was not exactly beach weather.  Probably a good thing because we kept busy a lot of the afternoon.  We ate lunch outside and then spent time loading the car and putting things away that were outside!  We made salads for dinner and decided what things we needed to take home with us from the refrigerator.

Ken did some reading while I talked with my mother.  She is feeling much better, but Dad's floor is quarantined and no one can leave the floor or visit.  

Around 3:30, Ken and I decided to play some shuffleboard and Ken won 2 of the 3 games!  Like I said before, I need to practice!  Then we took a walk around the CG.  I started working on some x-stitch jar lids I want to do for our granddaughters for Christmas (I wish I would have thought of it earlier, but I will get them done!) and we ate dinner while watching the Evening News.  We started playing Hand and Foot and Ken was on a "roll".  I declared him the winner after 3 rounds in the 1st game and did the same in the next game after only 2.  He "skunked" me!

I continued working on the x-stitch gifts while we watched the football game until 1/2 time.  Then it was off to bed to do some reading.  

I did have a nice conversation with my sister and John has a virus and has not felt well since last Friday.  He did go to the Dr. this week and is starting to improve, but it is a slow process.  The Dr. said it is "going around" and lasts about 10 to 14 days.  Hopefully Cindy won't get it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment