Sunday, December 23, 2018

Sunday - Visit to Mom and Dad and Food Preparation!

Ken was up early and did his morning routine till I got up at 6:30.  I did 2 loads of wash before we left for Masonic Village at 8:30.  We stopped for drinks for everyone and then spent from 9 to 11:30 playing Pinochle.  It was a good day for the men who won both games.  It is always hard to say good-bye when we are leaving for about 3 months.  It is especially hard for my mother to see us go and even though she doesn't like it, she understands!  

We came right home and we headed to the kitchen to begin the food preparation!  I mixed a double batch of oat bran muffins to take to Florida while Ken made us omelettes for lunch.  He also helped mix the muffin batter.  At the same time I was finishing my laundry.   After lunch, we watched some of the Eagles game and then started making our family Christmas food tradition - potato stuffing.  I also made some finger jello and a jello/pudding dessert.  Ken was such a trooper and helped the whole time including washing and drying most of the dishes.  

I was able to see some of the football game and it was certainly a "nail biter"!  I was thrilled with the outcome!  One of our neighbor's daughter brought us a box of candy that her mother wanted us to have for the holidays.  So, Ken and I went down and visited the 2 of them and had a wonderful time.  We had taken some of the homemade candy I had made and gave a box to each of the tenants in our apartment building on Friday night.  We really enjoy doing that each year!

We made a pizza for dinner and spent some time watching the Steeler's game.  What a disappointing, but exciting game!  Hallelujah, I completed the camping scrapbook pages during that game and even downloaded them to a zip drive so I can order them from Costco.  What a job it has been, but it's done!!!!!  I plan to send them to our granddaughters on Valentine's Day so they can add them to their camping albums!

We did some more packing for Florida and I did some catch up work on our blog.  All in all, it has been one very busy day!   Bed by 10 and I was very tired!  Looking forward to our family Christmas tomorrow at Jamie's!

No comments:

Post a Comment