Thursday, December 27, 2018

Thursday - Our 1st Full Day Back in Florida!

The best thing I can say about doing this trip in one day is how well we sleep that night.  I was only awake 1 time and only got up at 8:45.  Ken slept through the night and was up at 7:15, late for him.  Neither of us felt very "peppy", so we enjoyed a hot beverage while doing our devotions.  Then we spent some time finishing the unpacking.  I can't believe we found a good place to store everything and we had plenty of stuff!!!

Because I hadn't done any walking for over a week, we only took a short walk around part of the CG.  Upon our return, it was time for lunch and then needed naps and some reading time.  I did talk with Cindy and they are in Tennessee where they have their motorhome stored.  They are taking it to a Ford dealer today for a recall with the wheels to see if they could have a potential problem.  When that is resolved, they will be heading to Waco, TX for 3 days before going to Brownsville, Texas for the winter.  We will miss having them here in Florida.

I did some work on this blog, and sent some messages while Ken corresponded with friends from his I-Pad.  We decided to take another walk around the CG and I did about a mile. 

Ken went across the canal and did more walking and took some great photos of  some of the birds we see on the canal behind our campsite ....

Kingfisher!

Ibis

Anhinga drying his wings!

Blue Heron!

A bald eagle across the canal
...and the beautiful sunset -








So much pink in the sky and reflected in the canal!  Those
are permanent homes here in the campground!  They
have quite a gorgeous setting!


After showering, we had supper and then Ken did some "catching up" on e-mails while I did some work on the computer.  At 8 we decided to play Hand and Foot and after 2 rounds I am ahead by 2500 points!  Wow!

I finished this blog and was in bed by a little after 9.  It has been a good day of recuperating! 

PS - Did hear from Cindy and their motorhome did not have a problem, so they can starting tonight, they can live in it for the winter months and be on their way to Texas as planned!  Hallelujah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment