Saturday, December 29, 2018

Saturday - Gorgeous Day Spent with Special Friends!

Ken was up at his usual early hour and I joined him around 7.  Time for stretches!  Ken worked outside putting out the awning (it has been too windy) and all the "decorations" that we hang.  I vacuumed and cleaned inside.  Then together we strung lights on the tree on our campsite.  We attempted to hang our fishnet but that didn't prove to be very successful.  We need to do more thinking on how to make it work!

We decided to take a walk around the CG before lunch and it was already 80 degrees and very sunny, an absolutely gorgeous day!  We ate our lunch outdoors and then we showered, Ken rested, and I finished getting ready.

Rick and Joyce arrived at 2 and it was so good to be with them again.  We sat outside chatting and catching up on life.  We had planned to play shuffleboard, but it was in the 80's, humid, and very sunny, so we came inside Wilbur and played a game of double deck Pinochle which the women won.  We left and headed to one of my favorite eateries, Sonny's Barbeque, where we all enjoyed a pulled pork sandwich on garlic bread.  It was even better than Ken and I remembered and it was a 1st X for Rick and Joyce.  All of us really enjoyed our food.

When we returned to the campground, it was dark!  We drove right to the shuffleboard courts, turned on the lights, and the fun began.  The women won the 1st game and we didn't get to complete the 2nd one.  Unfortunately both teams were having trouble staying away from the 10 off!

Back to Wilbur for another game of Pinochle and this time the women lost by a huge margin.  I think I might be considered a "wild" bidder!  I definitely am willing to gamble and take chances!

They left around 10 and we were in bed by 10:30, did some reading (I hadn't done my devotions earlier) and then it was lights out!  What a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment