Saturday, December 1, 2018

Saturday - Time to Go to Harbor Lakes!

Ken got up at 5:15 and I asked him to wake me at 6:30.  I took time to do my stretches before organizing last minute items for traveling.  We had cold cereal, did dishes, and then Ken disconnected the electric and water.  We said our good-byes to Ernie and Noela and by 8 we pulled out of the CG, stopping near the entrance to hook-up the CRV.  

We did stop for gas and at 1 rest stop before arriving at Harbor Lakes near Port Charlotte at 11:15.  I had crocheted a lot during the drive and talked to my mother.  Ken disconnected the CRV while I checked in.  Ken did a great job backing into our sight and he did the hook-ups outside while I get set-up inside.  At 12:45 we stopped to have lunch and Ken looked exhausted.  I suggested he take a nap, which he did.  

I spent that time watching the Oklahoma/Texas College football game while going through all the bins and baskets in Wilbur.  It felt good to finally get rid of some things that have been taking up space!  I also did my devotions.  

When Ken got up we watched some of the game and then he went outside to put covers over Wilbur's tires, set-up the grill, etc.  I vacuumed and finished organizing inside.  We showered and got ready to go to Farlows on the Water for dinner.

We had such a wonderful evening with Lloyd, Deb, Rick, Joyce, Frank, and Barb, all friends whom we met through going to LCBC back home.  Rick and Joyce, and Frank and Barb are now full time residents of Florida and it was so great seeing them again.  Deb and Lloyd have a home here in Florida and they spend at least 3 or 4 months living in it per year. We were at Farlows from 5:30 to 8:30 so obviously we had a great time.  Farlows is one of Ken and my favorite places to eat when in the area and the food lived up to our expectations!


The restaurant showcased the fish that were the specials
of the evening!

Ken got the scallop salad one of his favorite entrees at
Farlows!

What a special group of friends!


Not sure what is going on with Deb and Joyce but I think
they are being naughty!


Ken and I watched the Pitt/Clemson game when we got back to the CG.  Dane and Jamie are in Charlottesville for the game and I feel badly for them because it is really raining!  We headed to bed at halftime.  Looking forward to going to Edgewater Church tomorrow at 9.  We really enjoy the people at that Church and are excited to see them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment