Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Tuesday - Cool, Sunny Day!

Ken had a short night and was up by 4.  By the time I got up at 6:30, he had done a lot of reading and studying.  Time to do my stretches and devotions before watching the Morning News. 

We left by 8:15 to go to Peach's in Venice for breakfast with Lloyd, Deb, Rick, Joyce, Frank and Barb.  We had a great time only leaving the restaurant at 11.  We said our good-byes to Lloyd and Deb because they are flying back to PA on Thursday, but we should see them at our church there on Sunday.  We will see Frank and Barb sometime in January.  We plan to spend tomorrow afternoon and evening with Rick and Joyce here at the CG.  I see a shuffleboard match and more Hand and Foot in our near future!!!!!

Ken and I were back to the CG around 1:00 after doing some driving around the area.  We had a light lunch and then Ken rested while I scoured the bathroom and finished dusting Wilbur.  Then it was time for some game playing on my tablet.  I did put some final coats on my painted rocks and then Ken and I did some rearranging on our patio.  

We headed to the shuffleboard courts around 5 and the fun began.  We played 2 games and I was victorious in both - Yeah for me!!!!  By then both of us were rather chilly (it was in the low 50's and a bit breezy), so we headed back to Wilbur.  Noela called at just the right time so that Ken cooked the chicken, onions and peppers to put on the salads we had made yesterday.  I had a very nice chat with Noela who has been crazy busy since returning home!  They are having a great time with family, but have Christmas gifts to buy, Dr. appointments, etc.  All is good, just hectic!!!

After dinner, Ken and I finished a game of Hand and Foot (I won) and then played 2 rounds of another one with Ken in the lead by 700 points.  We will finish the game another day!  I worked on this blog while watching The Voice and the Darci Lynne Christmas special.

This has been another great day.  I can't believe we didn't take any photos at this morning's breakfast!!! What were we thinking?????

No comments:

Post a Comment