Friday, February 21, 2014

A Participation Day At Ramblers Rest CG

Ken and I were up by 6:45 and got ready to go to the aerobics class here at the CG.  It is from 7:45 to 8:45 and it is quite a workout.  We participated last winter when we were here and met so many nice people.  It was time to return.  We are both amazed at the number of people who show up for the class and most of them are not "spring chickens".  Ken decided it was the most he has exercised since last year's class - not good!!!  We were both tired and sweaty by the end of the class!

Then we walked about 1 1/2 miles around the CG, so we had a late breakfast.  Did talked to my sister, and John and she plan to join us when we go the Escapees Rally in Goshen, IN in May.  It will be their 1st real camping adventure and should be a great place to learn a lot!  We know it will be helpful for us!  Sharing the adventure with Cindy and John will make it extra special!

Ken and I left at 11:30 to spend the afternoon on Manasota Beach.  It was a warm morning with plenty of sun, but around 1 it got partly cloudy and a bit cooler.  We spent time reading on the beach and then about 2 hours using Ken's "snow shovel" to find sharks teeth.  He would get "shovel's full" of treasures from the edge of the surf and then dump them on the beach for us to "sift" through.  It was so much fun and we found 80+ sharks teeth!  We left the beach at 3:45 - a bit chilled!



None of the teeth were very large, but we were still excited
to find so many!
We had a delicious dinner - grilled chicken, quinoa, and of course, a salad. After cleaning up, we went back to the River Pavilion for Karaoke night.  Ken convinced me that I should sing - what was I thinking!  So, I did what I am most comfortable singing - show tunes.  I did The Sound of Music and My Favorite Things!  It was my 1st attempt at Karaoke, and it went pretty well. It really was fun!

Back to Waldo by 9:30 after a rather busy, but funfilled day.  Will probably go to downtown Venice tomorrow morning to the Farmers Market and then have one of those delicious scones.  My mouth is watering already!

1 comment: