Monday, February 24, 2014

Work, Shop, and Spend Time with Friends!

Ken and I decided to get up and go right to the laundry - after 2 weeks, we have plenty of things that need to be clean!!!!  Unfortunately, the washers and dryers did not take money, only special credit type cards that you get here at the CG.  It was 8 AM and we had to get the card at the office that only opened at 9.  So, back to Waldo to make breakfast.  Got the card at the office, started the washers, and then walked around the CG.  A little more walking when the clothes got to the dryers.  Finished the process by 10:45.

Then I got a call from Masonic Homes that they had taken my mother to the hospital with extremely high blood pressure and some chest pain.  Left a message for my sister, who was at Hershey with her daughter for a spa day.  In the meantime, I was able to talk to the ER at Lanc. General and they confirmed she was there, but no other info was available.  They said I should call back in 1 hour. Nothing for me to do at that point, so I headed out to do some shopping.

My sister called and she was unable to get any info from the ER when she called. Eventually I did talk to a nurse in the ER and they were admitting her to the observation area just to monitor her for 24 hours.  They feel it has nothing to do with her heart, but still want to do a stress test tomorrow and keep her on a heart monitor.  By 3:15 I was able to talk to her and she was comfortable and doing well.  

Ken spent lots of time today working on his computer taking care of "business" such as bills, checking on financials, etc.  I spent 2 1/2 hours shopping and didn't buy anything but a 99 cent Frosty at Wendy's - WOW!

At 3, we left to go to the Encore Royal Coachman CG about 6 miles from here to spend time with Barb and Ray.  We had met them at that CG 3 years ago, and then visited with them when we were camping in Ogunquit MA last July.  Barb is going through chemo for a form of leukemia, and although she has had her challenges, she is doing very well now.  Only 2 more chemo treatments needed. She has such a good attitude and has such a zest for life.  They are a joy to spend time with.  Ken and Ray played Bocce from 4 to 5 (the men play at that time everyday at that CG) and they won!  I stayed back with Barb and 3 of her friends stopped by to see my jewelry.  (Barb had asked me to bring it along!) They bought $60.00 of jewelry from me.  I was excited!

Ray is throwing the Bocce Ball.  No regulation courts at
the Royal Coachman.  The people there prefer playing
in the grass.
The 4 of us went to Pop's Sunset Grill for dinner.  What a setting and delicious food and drinks.  You sit outside and have a view of the Intracoastal Waterway. In the center of the restaurant and still outdoors, they have tables where you sit at tables that surround gas burning fire pits.  It really looks cool when the sun goes down.  We had such a nice evening with Ray and Barb.

This is Barb and Ray!

The center of the restaurant outdoors before sunset!

The view of the Intracoastal Waterway from our table!

What a beautiful eating area, especially after sunset!

Looks like you are on a tropical island!
Back to Waldo at 8:45 and we watched The Voice.  Cindy called on their way home from visiting Mom.  She is very comfortable and feels confident that she will be back at Masonic Village tomorrow.  That would be great!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that your Mom is doing better.
    If you keep selling all that jewelry you can