Saturday, February 15, 2014

Cooler, Very Windy Day in Venice!

Ken and I were up early and spent time cleaning up, making breakfast, and Ken did checked his accounts such as insurance and hospitalization on his computer.  Cindy and John were here by 10 and we headed to downtown Venice to go to the Farmer's Market.  Also wanted to stop at the Upper Crust to get one of their delicious scones.  (Ken and I go there several times every year!)  We enjoyed walking around the market and Ken and I loved our warm, fresh out of the oven raspberry scone.  It melts in your mouth!

Downtown Venice

The downtown Venice Farmer's Market is held every Saturday!

Those delicious scones at the Upper Crust!


The sun was feeling fairly warm, so we decided to head to Nokomis Beach for alittle sunbathing and shell and shark's tooth hunting.  It was extremely windy, so shirts or a sweatshirt were the "dress" of the day.  Ken found a couple dozen sharks teeth and I found about 8 or so.  I was also looking for shells for my jewelry.  I tried to do some reading on the beach, but I got chilled.  We left the beach around 3.  Ken and John left Cindy and I do some shopping at Bells Outlet while they went to buy some fruits, veggies, and 2 lbs. of fresh shrimp. Then the 4 of us went back to Waldo to cook dinner.  We had salads, fresh green beans, and grilled shrimp - a delicious dinner.  After clean-up, we played 3 games of Pinochle (the men won 2) and a game of Skip-Bo which the women won.  Called it a day around 10.

Nokomis Beach where the Gulf is usually very calm.  NOT today!


Ken's finds for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment