Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Last Full Day at Ramblers Rest CG

Ken and I cereal for breakfast with those delicious strawberries from Parkesdale Groves.  Then we got a "jump start" on our 10,000 steps.  We walked around the CG and stopped when we got to 6,500.  

Then the "work" began.  Since we are moving to the Bradenton/Sarasota area tomorrow, we wanted to clean up both the inside and outside of Waldo.  Ken washed our bikes and all of our outside chairs, plus scrubbed the grill.  He also did some reorganizing in the basement area.  I did a thorough cleaning of Waldo inside.  We worked about 2 1/2 hours and were thrilled at all we accomplished.  After lunch I did some fun things on my computer and Ken checked out his I-Pad.  He took a short nap and then we went to play some shuffleboard.  I was winning "big time" and then Ken almost caught up.  I kept getting in the "kitchen", losing 10 points.  It was a lot of fun.

Finished our 10,000 steps and then we had a nice phone conversation with Jamie.  All of our mail is being forwarded to her, so she calls with info on our bills, etc.  We hope to skype with Bria and Cali tomorrow.

I did talk to my mother today, and she will be returning to her home at Masonic Homes.  They really found no reason for her high blood pressure, but they think it was related to stress.  She has a history of getting "stressed" and then having health issues, so I think that makes sense.

Ken disconnected the sewer hose tonight, so we won't have much to do in the morning to get ready to leave!  Enjoyed salads for supper and then a game of Upwords.  Got a call from Doloris back home.  So nice to talk to her.  They are expecting a possible major snowstorm this weekend.  They did have snow today, but only a "dusting".

We watched TV and I made some jewelry.  Did have some rain this evening and could continue off and on during the night.

No pictures today.  Ken was off of "camera duty"!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your mother is doing better.
    looks like your enjoying your new home

    ReplyDelete