Thursday, March 20, 2014

Homeward Bound!

Ken and I were up at 6:30 and I had a bad headache.  I think I wasn't ready to leave Florida!!!  Ken ate breakfast while I got ready.  I thought I better wait to eat until my head felt alittle better!  We were ready for "take off" by 7:20 and Chuck and Melissa were out and ready to say good-bye.  None of us were able to do much talking, so hugs were given.  I think all of us felt the tears might start flowing if we tried to do much talking.  We all hope to meet up sometime this summer or at least by fall.

We left the CG at 7:30 - I was following Ken in the CRV to the gas station right down the road.  After getting gas, we hooked-up the CRV and were on our way northbound by 8.  Fortunately, it was a mild and sunny day.  We made one stop in Florida and got to the border by noon - the trip was going well.  We didn't even have much trouble going through Jacksonville on I95. Stopped right before the border of South Carolina/Georgia to get gas and subs and then enjoyed eating the sandwiches at a Rest Stop only 4 miles into South Carolina.  It was about 70 degrees and so sunny!

We decided to stop at Swamp Fox CG at exit 157 on I95 in South Carolina, traveling about 430 miles today.  Enough miles for 1 day!!!!  This CG was only 
$19.60 for the night if you are a Passport America member.  Fairly small CG, but handy stop with some pull through sites.  After leveling, we decided to take a walk around the CG and the neighboring development - time to get our 10,000 steps.  After 8500, we said we had enough for today.  We made dinner, watched some TV and went to bed at 10.  It was a long day of driving, but Ken really enjoys driving our Motorhome!  He is like a kid with a new toy!

Talked to Nancy Savage this evening.  Neil and she are back in PA at Pinch Pond CG.  Not enjoying the colder weather, but making it work!  I also talked to both of our daughters while we were driving and so excited that we will all be together on Saturday evening to celebrate Bria's 7th birthday and Cali's 5th.  How quickly they are becoming little ladies!!!!

Hope to be on the road fairly early tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment