Saturday, September 5, 2015

A Good Day at Home!

Ken and I were up by 6:45 and left by 7:45 to go to a small restaurant in Manheim to have breakfast with some of the folks with whom we graduated from High School.  Several years ago several of the guys started getting together there the 1st Saturday of every month just to reminisce.  In the last year the attendance has grown and gals from the class decided to join in.  Because of Facebook and people starting to "befriend" each other, this morning there were 13 of us there and some of us had not been together since graduation.  What fun!  Of course, we had to "reintroduce" ourselves!  What is that about????  Could we have changed that much?????  We met at 8 and the "party" didn't end until 10:30.  A great time was had by all.  Lamar Dourte, who came for the 1st time said, "I thought I would have a good time, but it was so much better than I even imagined"!  My only regret is that we didn't take any photos of the group!  Next time!!!!

From there Ken and I headed back to the apartment and I followed him to the storage area where Waldo will stay for the next week.  We stopped by Dan and Jackie's so we could deliver her birthday card in person.  After a short visit, we attempted to visit Jamie and her family, but we later discovered they were in Pittsburgh for the Pitt football game.  Then off to Costco for a few needed items, before returning home around 2.  

It was hot and humid, but we decided to take a long walk, trying to get back to walking 10,000 steps per day.  When we got back, I talked to Lanie, my mother, and Jackie and made plans with all of them to get together this week.

Ken graciously offered to make dinner - salads, quinoa with black beans, and grilled chicken and salmon.  What a guy!  He wanted me to have time to make some jewelry, since I will be doing a craft show in Sea Isle City in a couple weeks and I haven't any time to work on my jewelry for quite a while.  Supper was delicious and after cleaning up, we took another short walk.

We did watch some football, but by 9:15 we went to bed to read and work on this blog.

Tomorrow it is off to church, have breakfast with our small group, and then drive to see Lanie and her family in the afternoon.  Another busy but fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment