Thursday, September 10, 2015

Sunday Ken and I actually walked about 9,000 steps before we left for church at 8:30.  Great service and afterwards, we went with our small group to have breakfast and a fun time of sharing. 

We left the restaurant and drove to visit Lanie and her family arriving there around 1:15.  What a fun afternoon visiting with them.  Samantha and Katelyn were delightful and so happy and we also had time to talk with Lanie and Bob as well as play ladder golf.  Lanie made delicious chicken fajitas and rice for dinner and after cleaning up, Ken and I headed home around 6:30.  We stopped at Wal-Mart for a few groceries and were home by 7:30.  We were in bed by 9:30.

On Monday, Labor Day, Ken and I took a long walk and while he went even further, I walked up and down some local streets where they were having community garage sales.  Amazing how much "junk" people accumulate!  I was good and didn't by anything!!!

I made up for that several hours later when I went to Michael's and AC Moore and brought some craft supplies.  Just can't help myself when I am in a craft store.  We spent from 1 to 4:30 visiting my parents at Masonic Homes playing 4 games of Pinochle.  The women won every game.  My father's comment at the end - "Even though we lost every game and my hands were bad, it's a good day when I get to play cards".  What a guy!

I spent the evening making jewelry while we watched TV.  Bed by 10.

Tuesday we went for another walk and got 6,900 steps, planning to do the rest of the 10,000 later today.  Ken did some errands while I cut-up fruit and made a fruit dip for a picnic tonight with our small group.

Ken had lunch with Kevin while I went for a physical with Kevin's Dr. wife, Traci.   realized I never really had a complete physical and Medicare offers a free one when you 1st become a member, so it was time.  I had the blood work done several weeks ago.  I am thrilled to say that my blood work was "perfect" according to Dr. Traci, but I did need to schedule a dexiscan (since I take medicine for osteoporosis), a visit to a dermatologist (I have never had one!), and a colonoscopy which I have avoided. (I can hardly wait!!!) So, when I return in December I will have several Dr. visits on my schedule!

I did stop by Hostetter Realty to visit the secretary there, Shirley, whom I haven't seen for several years.  So nice to see her again and "catch up" on our families.  Then I met Ken at Jamie's house and we walked to the bus stop to meet Bria and Cali.  It was fun to be with them.  

From there we went with Lloyd and Deb to meet with our small church group for a picnic at Rick and Joyce's home.  We had such a good time and it was a delightful evening to be outside.

Wednesday was a very relaxing day for me.  As soon as we got up we went for a long walk (9,000 steps) and then enjoyed a cooked breakfast on the balcony. Ken had a 10 AM dentist appointment and then a 1:00 appt. with his podiatrist. All is well!!

I downloaded photos for Costco, did a little clean-up, answered some e-mails, and then spent most of the day making jewelry.  We grilled for dinner and then Ken took another walk.  He is trying to walk both morning and night and get over 10,000 steps.  Bed by 9:45.

Today, Thursday, was a rather relaxing one.  Ken left early to have breakfast with Gary and I made myself a cooked breakfast.  I made several phone calls and  recorded our expenses.  When Ken returned at 9:45 we drove to Ephrata to bring Waldo back home.  By then it had started to rain, something we haven't seen in this area since mid August and it has been so hot and humid setting records for September!  

I spent more time cropping and downloading photos to order at Costco and then starting working on jewelry after lunch.  We drove over to Polly's to pick up our canopy to take with us on this trip, since I will be doing a craft show at Sea Isle City.  Then it was time to get dinner ready, but it was rather easy - leftovers! Did some clean-up, including putting away and packing up all my jewelry making "stuff" to take with us when we leave on Sunday.  I also spent time on the phone with Cindy discussing our camping plans for Florida this winter. Hopefully we will be at the same campgrounds some of the time.  Ken took another walk and we watched some football.  Go Steelers!!!!

Tomorrow I have a 12 noon appointment for my 6 month cystoscopy appointment.  No big deal, but it will be nice to have it behind me for another 6 months or so!

Almost time for bed but I would like to see a little more of the Patriot/Steeler game!

No comments:

Post a Comment