Wednesday, February 22, 2017

A Much Needed Rainy Day!

Ken was up early but I only crawled out of bed around 7:15.  After getting ready and eating a light breakfast, Ken started working on the computer checking our accounts and paying bills.  

I called my cousin to offer our sympathy on the death of her mother and my aunt.  Aunt Barbara was my dad's sister and she was 91 years old.  I guess she and my dad have good genes!!!   I also called our friends back home, Sam and Kathy, to see how Sam was doing following knee replacement surgery yesterday. All went well and he should be home tomorrow.

At 10, Ernie, Noela, Jim, Joyce, Ken and I left the CG in our own vehicles to go to Sam's Club, where Jim and Joyce are members.  Ken and I have not been in a Sam's Club for many, many years and they offered to take us "non-members". We had a fun time and bought just a few items.

Ken and I were back to the CG by 11:30  and we kept busy until dinner.  Ken did more work on the computer while I got organized for working on sea glass pictures.  After lunch, we spent about 1 1/2 hours doing more prep work for tomorrow's small group meeting where I will be leading the discussion on The Purpose Driven Life Book study we are doing.  It can be rather intense and time consuming, but definitely well worth the time and energy!  

Ken talked to Verizon regarding their new program of unlimited data.  If you are a Verizon customer, it would be worth your time to check it out.  For us unlimited data is wonderful!  I spent the rest of the afternoon making additional sea glass pictures.  Ken vacuumed and then took a short rest.  

We went to visit Bill and Donna to inquire if they were returning to Harbor Lakes next year and how they liked the location of their campsite.  Yes, they are returning and they have enjoyed their site!  We have to let the CG know by March 1st if we are returning and if we would like our same campsite.  We are gathering information so we can make the right decisions.  We will be returning, but trying to decide if we would like to change sites.  The French Canadians folks on either side of us have annual sites and do speak very little English. Ken likes to socialize with his neighbors, so it can be rather difficult!

After a late dinner and much clean-up, Ernie and Noela joined us in Wilbur around 8:15 and we played one game of Skip-Bo with the men being victorious again.  After they left I downloaded pictures and worked on this blog.  It has been another busy day but we accomplished a lot!!

Did have a nice chat with our daughter, Jamie, today.  They are doing well and enjoyed a long weekend at Rehobeth Beach, DE with her in-laws!  It was warm enough to be on the golf course with just a t-shirt and it was February.  They are predicting temperatures around 70 plus degrees on Thursday - crazy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment