Monday, October 16, 2017

A Day Spent in the Campground!

Ken was up by 5:30 to do some reading and devotions.  After a great night's sleep, I only got out of bed around 7:15.  It was in the low 50's, cloudy, and extremely windy, and with no improvement in the weather predicted, we decided to spend the day at the CG.

We watched the news and then made eggs for breakfast.  After doing the dishes, we played 2 rounds of Hand and Foot to finish our game - I won!!!  It was shower time and then Ken spent time on the computer checking accounts and renewing our Passport America membership.

I sent some messages, completed yesterday's blog, and then went through my sea glass to figure out what pieces could go together to make palm trees, boats, flowers, etc.  It takes quite a bit of time to find the right shapes and colors for the designs you are trying to make!

Ken headed to the office to renew our cable for the next week and to pick up the hiking poles he had ordered for me that were delivered yesterday!  When he returned it was time for lunch and obviously it was too cold to eat outside!  Ken did some more reading and I started making some sea glass pictures.

Ken made us salads for tonight and tomorrow while I continued making pictures.  Then at 5:00 we "bundled up" and went for a walk around the CG.  It was very windy but it felt good to be out and about!  While walking we spotted 8 deer on one of the campsites.  It was amazing how close Ken could get to them to take a photo.  They seemed rather tame and unafraid!

I love how the sun is creating shadows on the deer!


Ken took these photos on his phone with limited zoom so you
can see how close he got to them!

After 40 minutes of walking, we returned to Wilbur and Ken grilled a hamburg for me and a fish patty for himself.  We also enjoyed the delicious salads he had made earlier.  We cleaned up and then played 3 more rounds of Hand and Foot.  Ken has a very impressive lead!

It was time to work on this blog and watch The Voice.  The rest of the week is supposed to be sunny and warmer each day!  We certainly hope so!  Our 1st week here certainly was a cloudy one!

This is a picture of Ken and I at Dingman's Falls several days ago.  He had taken it one his phone and only sent it to me today.  I thought I would share!



No comments:

Post a Comment