Thursday, October 5, 2017

Wednesday and Thursday - I Kept on the Move!

Wednesday Ken was up around 6 and I rose about 6:45.  Ken was still having a lot of uncomfortable, rather stabbing back pain and knew there was no way he could go to his job at MCC and do all the bending and lifting.  

He did some reading while I showered and got ready.  After breakfast I called Mom to see if she would be available this morning.  I had planned to go up this afternoon when Ken returned from MCC to help her reorganize her closet, pantry, and a few other places in her room but since he didn't go to work I was available earlier.

I left home at 9:15, talked to my sister for 1/2 an hour, and stopped for drinks and subs for Mom and I.  I got there around 10:30 and we worked very hard going through so many areas in her room.  She was so thrilled with the extra space we were able to "free up".  We had a good time spending time together and she was so appreciative for the help.

I was back home by 4:45 and Ken's back was feeling a little better but still has a way to go!  Rick and Joyce arrived at 5:15 and we had a wonderful time sitting in the LR and catching up on life!  They are really enjoying there new location in Florida!  Ken and Rick picked up pizza at a local pizza shop and it was delicious.  We played 2 games of Haus and the women beat the men rather handily!  It was a lot of fun!  Fortunately Ken's back felt much better this evening!

They left around 10 but we will see them again Friday afternoon.  We were so thankful to be able to spend time with them!

Today, Thursday, Ken still had trouble walking and straightening when he got up.  I showered and got us breakfast and then I went to 2 local roadside stands and to Wal-Mart for groceries.  Ken spent most of the morning on his recliner.  

I returned around 11:45 and his back was starting to feel better.  After a quick lunch, we left to spent the afternoon at Masonic Homes playing Pinochle with Mom and Dad.  We had 3 very close games, but the men won 2 of the 3.  It was a very enjoyable afternoon.

We returned home by 5:15, made salads for dinner, and then watched the Evening News.  Ken did some reading and studying while I worked on this blog while watching Gray's Anatomy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment