Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Happy Anniversary to Us!

Today, Wednesday, Ken was up extremely early and did a lot of reading before watching the news!  I only rolled out of bed at 6:45 and got ready for the day.  We knew it was going to be a very busy one!  We did remember to wish each other a Happy Anniversary -48 years.  I think we were married when we were 10!!!!!

We ate a light breakfast and then I drove Ken to his volunteer job at the Mennonite Central Committee.  We never got to the grocery store yesterday, so it was a definite necessity today.  I went to Wal-Mart  and stopped at a local roadside stand.  During my travels I got a call from Noela wishing us a Happy Anniversary and telling us about the trip she and Ernie are having, particularly their most recent stop in Salt Lake City.  They will be traveling until the beginning of December when they will leave their 5th wheel in Georgia and return to Canada for the holidays.  They will be back in Florida the beginning of the year.  It was so good to talk with her and hear about their "great adventure"!  We are looking forward to spending time with them this winter in Florida!

I was back to the apartment for about an hour before leaving again to pick up Ken around noon and then meeting our former neighbors, Russ and Darlene, for lunch.  We have been trying to get together for quite awhile and had trouble finding a time that suited all of us.  They are full-timers who spend about 8 months in and around PA and the rest of the year in the south.  We spent 3 hours at the restaurant "comparing notes" on RVing and had a wonderful time.  We are planning to keep in touch when we are all in Florida camping about 15 miles from each other.

From there we went to Jamie's and walked with her and Sampson (dog) to the bus stop to meet Bria and Cali.  It was good to see them and chat about their day and all of their activities.  We visited for about 1 1/2 hours.  While we were there my sister called and she and John sang Happy Anniversary to You!  What a great duet!!!  They will be leaving Jekyll Island tomorrow and plan to be back in PA the latter part of next week!  We look forward to seeing them and playing pickleball again!

From Jamie's, we went to a local supply store that has about anything you can think of!  Ken bought me a great anniversary gift that I have wanted for quite a long time - plexiglass cut to fit the screen door in Wilbur so we can have the door open even when it is cool outside.  I do not like when we have to have the outside door closed and it get rather dark inside.  I feel like I am in the outdoors when the door can be open.  They cut the plexiglass for us on the "spot" and sold us the screws and fasteners we need so it can be easily be removed when it is hot outside!  I am so excited!  What a perfect gift!

Then we thought we should really celebrate the day and go to our favorite store - Costco to get more groceries and pick up some photos I had ordered.  It was also the perfect place to have our anniversary dinner!  (I always was a cheap date!).  Then he really went all out and treated me to a hot fudge sundae at McDonald's! Boy, life doesn't get much better!

We were home by 7:30 and while I put the groceries in their proper place, Ken tried one more time to remove the screw - no go!!!!  We will contemplate his next step tomorrow.  We watched the World Series while I worked on this blog.  We were both in bed by 9:30.

What a special Anniversary!  I am just so happy to spend each and every day with the love of my life!!!!  We have been so blessed and continue to Celebrate Life Daily!  

No comments:

Post a Comment