Thursday, December 21, 2017

Thursday - An Afternoon with My Parents!

Ken was up about 1 1/2 hours before me.  He left at 7:45 to have breakfast with his friend, Gary!  After making my breakfast and getting ready, I cut up celery, onion, and cubed bread for the making of the potato filling tomorrow morning.  I am going to Jamie's and Lanie will join us so they can learn how to make it (as per their request!).  It will be fun to do it together!  I checked in on Mom and she had a great night's sleep and is feeling well, just a bit "drained"!  She definitely wanted us to come to play cards this afternoon!

Today was Melissa's birthday, so we called and sang Happy Birthday.  They are in Atlanta to celebrate Christmas with their daughters and their families and with Melissa's mother.  From there they will leave to spend the winter in San Antonio!  We had a nice chat!

I also talked with Jane Good, from our Life Group at Church, to get an update on Alton (he had a stroke in September and then had surgery last Wednesday to open his carotid artery).  They have certainly had a roller coaster ride the last 3 months, but things appear to be on the "up and up"!  They are hoping, and so are we, that they will get to Florida for a few weeks in March!

Ken and I drove to Masonic Homes and spent from 1 to 4:30 playing Pinochle with my parents.  It was a winning day for the ladies but we all had a great time.  There were a few tears shed when we left for we probably won't see them again until we return from Florida in March.  We will miss spending time with them, but we will keep in touch regularly!

Back home by 5:15 and we made salads for tonight and tomorrow.  We signed cards for the little ones and our daughters and their husbands and made sure we had everything needed for Christmas.  I think we are ready, except for 2 gifts I have to wrap tomorrow!

I spent the evening recording expenses in our budget program and then "catching up" on the blog while listening to music.  Ken read and we spent the evening interacting - that is what happens when you don't watch TV!

We were in bed by 10 after a productive day!  Can't believe that Christmas is almost here!

No comments:

Post a Comment