Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Wednesday - A Special Day with my Sister and Mother!

Ken left around 8 to have breakfast with a gentleman he met at Celebrate Recovery who asked him if he would consider being his mentor!  What a great thing for Ken to do!  

Every Christmas my sister and I take mother to the American Music Theater to their Christmas Show and then go to lunch as part of her gift.  Dad and Mom used to do this every year, so we are carrying on the "tradition".  Unfortunately, Dad is no longer able to go, since he requires a vehicle which special "accommodations"!  The 3 of us agreed that this year was probably the best one ever!  So many exceptional singers, dancers, and the orchestra was incredible.  It was so well done!

From there we went to Miller's Smorgasbord for a delicious lunch, but we all ate too much.  That is the main reason that Ken and I rarely go to "an all you can eat place"!  You just feel like you have to try everything!  Unfortunately I think that is what happened to Mom, for she felt sick when we got to my house and that sick feeling stayed with her for most of the evening.  I believe it was a bad case of indigestion.  

Ken had done many errands after his breakfast meeting, including picking up some last minute Christmas gifts and the ingredients I need to make the traditional potato stuffing for the Hosler family dinner.  He did a great job getting everything that was on his list!

Ken and I bagged the candy treats I had made earlier in the week and then we delivered them to the folks in our apartment building, taking the time to visit with each of them.  What a fun thing to do and the people in our building are so friendly and nice to be around!  We are blessed!

No to put them in Christmas Bags for the neighbors and
my Curvette friends!



No dinner for this gal after all I ate for lunch!  We spent some time playing Hand and Foot and then Ken worked at his desk while I finished the calendars that I make for Christmas gifts for friends and family.

It was another very nice day!


No comments:

Post a Comment