Thursday, December 28, 2017

Thursday - Good in Florida!

Life in Florida is Good at our winter home!  Ken was up early to read and study but I only arose at 7:45.  I am still trying to catch up on my missed sleep!  By that time Ken was starting to feel tired (he had been up for about 3 hours), so he went back to bed for about 1/2 hour.

I got ready and then started breakfast.  We had bacon, pepper and onion omelettes and some fresh fruit - a good start for the day.  Ken started washing all of Wilbur's windows both inside and out while I did some clean-up inside.  Then we both spent time setting up outside.  I had bought some heavy vinyl material for new table covers but I had to cut the large piece to have covers for the table and the 2 benches.  We set-up the patio area and then hung somethings I had made with shells and beads plus my coconut fish on our awning.  Looking good!  Ken did more organizing in the basement of Wilbur while I went through most of the drawers and cupboards inside.  We felt good about everything we accomplished!

After lunch I sat outside and played on my tablet and then we decided to drive to Detweiler's market near Venice for some fresh fruits and veggies.  When we got back Ken connected the water filter that we had gotten in the mail today.  We also got the indoor TV antenna we had ordered, but since Ken "fixed" the TV booster in Wilbur, we do not need it at the moment.  But, we will keep it just in case we have a problem later!  

We decided to play Hand and Foot at the picnic table because it was such a gorgeous day - near 80 degrees and sunny.  We stopped after 3 rounds to make dinner which we ate inside watching the Evening News.

Before doing dishes, we left to take a walk around the CG.  We have not been walking regularly for a long time and need to get back into the routine.  It was a beautiful evening for a walk.  We walked for about 30 minutes and then finished our Hand and Foot game while watching Jeopardy - isn't that what all the "older" folks do?  For those of you who play Hand and Foot, Ken won by 55 points and that is crazy!

We watched some TV and I worked on this blog.  What a great day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment