Friday, June 10, 2016

Thursday and Friday, June 9 and 10

Boy, it seems like the summer is flying by already!  Were do the days go????

Ken left by 8 to have breakfast with his friend, Gary.  I did some wash and started packing some food items for our camping trip with our granddaughters starting this Saturday.  I made myself a light breakfast and finished the wash until Ken got home.

We left  by 10:30 to go to Manheim to bring Waldo back to the apartment.  All went well, but when we got Waldo "situated" Ken noticed that there was a chip in the windshield - what is that about????  He made a call to our insurance company and within an hour we had an appointment for a company to come out tomorrow to repair the chip at no cost to us - YES!!!!  We also took some photos of our new flooring to send to our service advisor, Samantha, at Lazydays. There is a "bubble" in the flooring near the hallway vent and we still feel that one of the slides is to close to the floor when it is in and makes some indentations on the flooring.  So, we sent Samantha our concerns along with several photos. Never a dull moment!!!

After lunch, we went to Masonic Homes to pick up 6 knives that Dad sharpened for us.  He recently bought a stone and the necessary oil to do that task, because he really enjoys the process and it gives him something to do.  So, I took him 5 more.  

From there we headed to Cindy and John's house and played Up the River, which, unfortunately, the men won.  They made delicious salads for dinner with John's grilled chicken, fresh strawberries, nuts, and homemade poppy seed dressing.  Loved it!

We left there by 5:30 because John and Cindy were going to a dealership to pick up a 2014 Rav 4, trading in Cindy's 2001 Rav 4.  We all tend to keep our cars until the "wheels fall off"!  We watched the Penguins lose their hockey game - so sad!  

At 10:30 Ken was looking up Circle M CG on the internet, the place where we are taking the girls camping.  We discovered  that they closed the indoor waterpark at the end of 2015 and the waterpark is what our granddaughters loved at that CG.  Now what?  We headed to bed and still continued the discussion of what we should do.  Finally we decided to go to Circle M and then the one day we have all 4 of the grandchildren with us go to  G about 30 minutes away that has a huge waterpark.  We can go there for just the day and enjoy that facility and hopefully they will have a great time. 

I was up at 6 on Friday and left to have breakfast with my Curvette ladies. There were 7 of us and we had a fun time.  From there I grocery shopped at Wal-Mart and a local roadside market.   

Ken was loading Waldo when I returned and that is what we did most of the morning.  Then Ken went to Lowe's to get some boards cut for leveling Waldo and then to Costco for some last minute food items for camping.  While he was gone a lady came from the glass company and repaired the chip on Waldo's windshield.  She did a great job and we were thrilled how quickly it was completed!

After many trips to Waldo, it was time to take a walk to downtown Lititz for 2nd Friday celebration where many of the shops are open, there is some live music, and people are just enjoying walking through the downtown area.  We did that for a little over an hour and then went back to the apartment to warm up leftovers for dinner.

The we drove to Cornwall, about 30 minutes away, to hear one of the young men who is in Celebrate Recovery with Ken, lead an evening of Christian singing and fellowship.  He is a guitar player with a very nice voice who led the evening with many contemporary Christian songs.  It was an enjoyable time.

We were very tired when we got home and went right to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment