Tuesday, August 29, 2017

A Rainy, Relaxing Day!

Ken was up early and did devotions and some reading.  I was up a little before 7.  It was raining and in the 50's.  Time for our Eden Pure Heater!

We watched the news and at 7:30 Ken left to have breakfast and a study time with one of his supports from his Step Study Class.

I spent the morning cleaning Wilbur, talking to my mother and then chatting with Noela.  By that time it was 9:15 and I made an egg sandwich and fresh fruit for my breakfast.  Of course, I had to have my cup of chai.  After washing and drying the dishes, I was ready to play a game of Pop Words.

Ken was back by 10:30 and we chatted and then played 2 rounds of Hand and Foot.  Ken keeps beating me and I just don't get it!

I left at 11:45 to go to Hobby Lobby!  This week they have 50% off all Paper Studio Items which includes paper, stickers, punches, cutters, etc.  They only do this special several times a year and it is so worth checking out!  I had so much fun just taking my time walking around the entire store, but spending a lot of time in the paper crafting section.  It is only about 20 minutes from the CG but I only got back around 2.  

Ken had a relaxing time while I was gone and I appreciated that he did the vacuuming!.  We played a game of 2 handed Pinochle and he won again - enough!!!  Then I spent more time painting my coconut fish.  They are starting to have real character!

We called and talked to Bria and Cali about their 1st 2 days of school.  They are having a great time and love their teachers.  Bria really enjoys her move to the middle school.  We also talked to Lanie (Samantha and Katelyn had a friend over and couldn't talk to us)  and she said they are happy with school too. Katelyn (1st Grade) comes home a bit overwhelmed and very tired, but still enjoys it!

Ken made salads for dinner tonight and tomorrow and I cooked some long grain wild, red, and black rice.  Ken grilled chicken and we had a delicious dinner. After cleaning up, we played 2 rounds of Hand and Foot and we each won one!

Ken went back to the BR at 8 to do some reading.  I worked on this blog and watched America's Got Talent! There are are so many talented folks on that show!  We went to bed as soon as the show was over!

Ken will go to volunteer at MCC tomorrow morning and I will have more time to work on crafts.  I'm loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment