Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Monday and Tuesday - Fun and Relaxing Days!

We were up by 6:30, watched the news, made breakfast, and then left to meet Cindy and John at the pickleball courts at 8:30.  It was a perfect day for playing with temperatures in the upper 60's when we started, cloudy, and no wind!  

We had a great time playing and had some excellent points.  Cindy was a very good tennis player and it comes through in her pickleball.  She has so many good shots - impressive!  We played for 3 hours and we really didn't want to stop.  While we were there, Cindy's son and his wife gave birth to their son, Westin.  They were scheduled for a C-Section at 8 this morning.  Westin weighed 11 lbs. 3 oz. - quite a big boy!  Ken wondered if he walked from the operating table to his bassinet!  We left the courts at 11:30 so Cindy and John could go to the hospital and meet their new grandson!

Ken and I stopped at a local roadside produce stand for lots of fruits and veggies.  Our refrigerator was rather bare after returning from vacation!  It was lunchtime when we got home and then I put on my SAS and we went for a walk around town.  Upon our return I played some Pop Words and then started making some cards at my desk.  I also had a very nice chat with my good friend, Jackie.  

Ken left at 6 for Celebrate Recovery and I spent the evening creating more cards.  Unfortunately my creativity was not flowing!  He was home by 9:15 and we watched America Ninja Warrior.  Bed by 10:15.

Today, Tuesday, we had planned to meet John and Cindy for pickleball at 8:30, but it was very cloudy and looked threatening.  So I chatted with Cindy and we decided to wait till 9 to give the court time to dry from the overnight rain.  Ken and I left at 8:45 and it was lightly raining.  Another chat with Cindy and we said we would try to get together a little later.  (They weren't predicting any rain this morning).  Ken and I drove to Wal-Mart, passing near the pickleball courts, but there was no reason to go by them, for it was really raining!  Called Cindy and we decided we would get together tomorrow to play.  It amazes me how Accuweather says there will be no rain for 120 minutes while it is raining.  I guess you just have to look out your window!

When we returned home, we both spent time at our desks.  After lunch we took our walk stopping at a shop in downtown Lititz where I had seen some unique outdoor metal sculptures.  Ken and I spent time looking at all of them and after narrowing it down to about 4, I got to choose my favorite for my birthday tomorrow.  We brought it home and placed in the flowerbed near our front door. I look forward to taking it with us when we go camping.

This is called, "Love Birds".  It's hard to see, but it is Mommy
and Daddy birds with their 2 baby birds in the nest.

It is just balanced in the center so it swings and goes up and
down with the wind!  I love it!


We spent more time at our desks, Ken working on his step study homework and I made a few more cards.  We worked together to make salads for dinner and cleaning up the kitchen.  I worked on this blog and by 6:30 we had dinner - hamburger, fish sandwich for Ken, salads, and fresh corn on the cob.  We decided to try playing hand and foot, getting the directions and score sheet from Google.  We didn't play a whole game, but Ken was ahead when we stopped to watch America's Got Talent!  


No comments:

Post a Comment