Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Wednesday - Another Relaxing One at Hershey Preserve, at We

Ken had done some reading and devotions before I got up at 6:45.  We watched the news and at 7:30 he left for his volunteer job at MCC.  It was a beautiful morning around 60 with plenty of sunshine!  It only got into the low 70's with low humidity!

Not sure what I did while Ken was gone, but I kept busy.  I talked to Cindy and then had a long conversation with Joyce, who moved with her husband Rick to Florida.  They are getting settled and enjoying their new home area.  We look forward to seeing them this fall and winter!

I worked on the blog, cleaned-up, and then went for a long walk around the CG. By the time I finished showering and getting ready, Ken was back.  We ate lunch and played several hands of Hand and Foot.  Ken rested and I went outside to continue painting my coconut fish.  Before we had dinner, we played several additional rounds of Hand and Foot.  We are certainly enjoying that game.

After dinner and cleaning up we met John and Cindy at the pickleball courts here at the CG.  The weather was perfect for playing - no wind, in the upper 60's, and the court was shaded!  We had some great games with lots of good volleys. We had such a good time and we love playing together.

They came back to Wilbur so we could have dessert together, a peach pie that Ken had picked up on his way home from work.  It was locally made and positively delicious.  We did a lot of chatting before they left around 9:30.  It is so nice to spend time with Cindy and John!

After showering, Ken and I went right to bed to do some reading!  What a day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment