Saturday, August 26, 2017

Saturday - On to Hershey CG!

Well, Ken and I went to bed so tired and would you believe at 3 one of our smoke alarms decided to let out a "wail"!  It was so loud.  At first Ken couldn't decide which one was beeping, so the noise continued.  After removing batteries from 2 different ones, we had silence.  Ken then looked for a 9 volt battery and discovered that the ones we had were about to expire.  This whole process took longer than anticipated, so needless to say, we were both wide awake - not good!

Ken read for quite awhile and I was just extremely restless.  He finally headed to the LR and did get about another hour's sleep.  I slept off and on, but it certainly wasn't peaceful.  So much for catching up on needed rest!

We were both up by 7 to watch an update on Hurricane Harvey and then we made breakfast and got ready to head to Hershey.  Of course, more loading was necessary as well as cleaning up around the apartment.  We vacuumed and I scoured the bathroom.

We left Lititz at 10, stopped for gas, and arrived at the CG a little before 11.  I did some driving around the CG looking for a site, for there were only a couple available that worked for Wilbur.  We are happy with the site we have, but we had to wait for someone to leave to get a good one.  We were totally set-up by 1 and enjoyed our lunch outside.  Had a nice time chatting with the single lady from California who is camping beside us.  This is one of our 1st adventures and she left California in January.  She doesn't plan on returning until after spending some of the winter in Florida.

Ken left at 2:15 for his Step Study Class which is about 45 minutes from the CG.  I decided to "catch up" on my blog - it really does take a lot of time!  I tried to take a nap, but naps just don't work very well for me.  I never did fall asleep.

I got up and started to prep for dinner - made salads for tonight and tomorrow, made shredded chicken barbeque, and steamed corn on the cob.  Ken returned at 5:30 and we decided to have dinner.  We ate inside, as it had cooled off quite a bit.  We played a round of Hand and Foot and then left to take a walk around the CG.  After about 1/2 hour, we stopped to visit with Neil and Nancy Savage whom we hadn't seen for quite a while.  We had a nice time chatting and "catching up on life"!

We were back to Wilbur around 10 and headed to bed.  Looking forward to a good night's sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment