Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Wednesday - Happy Birthday to Me!

Wednesday morning Ken and I had breakfast together and then he left for his job at MCC.  I went for a long walk in my SAS.  It was a nice morning for my "trip" around town.

Some how the morning flew by and at 11:45, John and Cindy picked me up and we met Ken at The Deck, an outside eatery in Ephrata.  It was a bit hot sitting on their deck, but the food and company made it a very special meal.  It is one of my favorite outdoor places to eat.

The 4 of us headed to the pickleball courts (it was hot) and we played for about 2 hours with many of the games being very close and with lots of good points and volleys.  We have so much fun playing together and the added bonus is spending time with family!

Ken and I were home by 4, showered, and then we both needed rest time (naps actually!).  By 5;15 we were at Jamie's house for a delicious dinner.  She had made a combo of sauteed onions, pepper, spices, spaghetti sauce and homemade zucchini noodles.  My gift was a spiral veggie maker and so the dinner was a recipe that I could make using my new "toy".  She also had cream filled donuts and pumpkin whoopie pies from my favorite donut shoppe and another favorite of mine - raspberry ice cream with chocolate slivers.  It was a special evening.  Bria and Cali enjoyed showing PawPaw and me their new school clothes and some special things in their rooms.  What a great way to spend my birthday evening.

When we left there, we went to Wilbur's storage area and brought him home for our upcoming camping trip with the granddaughters.  We watched America's Got Talent and were in bed by 10.

This was a special day and I want to thank everyone for my birthday cards, texts, and messages on Facebook.  They were very much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment