Sunday, August 27, 2017

What a Relaxing Day - Yeah!!!

I had a great night's sleep but Ken was awake for over an hour reading.  We left the CG at 8:30 to go to LCBC at the Manheim Campus.  It was another great service.  We did enjoy some tea and coffee at the Church's Cafe.

We drove to Wal-Mart in Palmyra, about 30 minutes, to get some needed groceries before heading back to the CG.  By then it was lunchtime and it was a gorgeous day to eat outside.  The humidity was extremely low, temperatures in the 70's, and a nice light breeze - no need for air-conditioning today.  Matter of fact, we turned on a little heat this morning as it was in the 50's.

After lunch, Ken and I played three more rounds of Hand and Foot, before I started working on this blog and he did some reading and work on his I-Pad. Then I went outside to paint coconut fish at our picnic table.  Ken did more reading.

Around 5 I put on my SAS and we went for a walk around the CG.  What a nice evening!  Upon our return, Ken grilled pork and salmon and we had leftover corn and salads (of course!).  While eating, we watched an update on the Harvey.  You can't even fathom what is happening in Houston and there is so much rain still to come.  What devastation! 

After dinner, we played 2 more games of Hand and Foot and then we called our granddaughters to wish them a great 1st day at school tomorrow.  I did a little more painting, finished this blog, and by 9 we were in bed!

I did talk to my sister today.  They just returned from a 10 day camping adventure spending most of their time in a campground with about 13 other folks near Corning, NY.  They had a great time.  We are getting together around 9 tomorrow morning to play pickleball.  We are looking forward to our time together!

No comments:

Post a Comment