Friday, September 7, 2018

Friday - Off and On Sunny Day, But Not As Hot!

Ken was up early to do his reading and me in time to watch the 7:00 news!  I was hoping that when I got up I would be feeling like a new person and pain free!  What a dreamer!!!  I know it can take up to 2 weeks to get relief, but I was hoping for instantaneous!  Patience will be the key!  

I had decided not to go to breakfast with the Curvettes, because I really wasn't supposed to drive for 24 hours and I didn't want to ask Ken to take me.  Ok, let's be honest - I didn't want to get up that early either!  Ken left for breakfast with Gary and then a meeting at Starbucks with a father of one of the gentleman he has been a mentor for about 8 months.  He was back home by 11.

While he was gone, I worked on the blog, did my devotions, had breakfast and got ready for the day.  I made a few phone calls and wrote a few cards.  Ken and I both packed items  to take to Jamie's while we stay with Bria and Cali this weekend while Jamie and Dane are in Pittsburgh for the Pitt vs. Penn State Game.  After lunch, Ken continued his reading while I worked at my desk making some cards.

We loaded the car and by 2:45, we headed to Jamie's house to unload (really didn't take very much!) and then drove to meet Bria and Cali at the bus stop.  I am not allowed to do much walking, so we needed to drive.  The 4 of us were back to their house by 3:45 and after some chatting, we played Skip-Bo  which Ken and Cali won.  Cali played outside for about 45 minutes and then Ken went to Dominoes to pick up our pizza.  Somehow they misplaced our order, so Ken waited while they quickly got it together and then gave us free fresh baked brownies because of the wait!

After dinner, we played a game of UNO and Ken and Cali won again!!  The girls wanted us to see Beauty and the Beast (not the animated version) and we really enjoyed it.  By the time it was over, it was 9:30 and we got ready for bed.  All settled by 10:15.

Looking forward to taking them ziplining tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment