Friday, September 14, 2018

Friday - Woke to Another Dreary Day, but It Is Ken's Birthday!

Well, Ken is finally as old as me (well almost!)  He was up early to do his routine and for some reason I was up getting ready for about 1/2 an hour before I  remembered to sing Happy Birthday!  This getting old is for the birds!!!!

Before leaving for breakfast with my Curvette ladies I gave Ken his card and watched him open the shirts and swim trunks I had bought for him!  There were 9 of us at breakfast and we had such a good time. Again Polly made it an interesting breakfast.  We each had to share something that happened this past week that would make everyone laugh and then we received a bag with a piece of fruit, a chocolate Halloween lollipop, and a little sign with a cute saying about chocolate.  A fun time was had by all!

I came right home, did my devotions while drinking my chai and starting getting clothes and food ready to take with us on our camping adventure.  We will be leaving for Avalon Beach from Sunday till Thursday, then head to Hershey Preserve till the following Sunday before leaving for 17 days in New England.  By going to Hershey for those 3 days, which is very close to Lititz, we don't have to unload and reload before our trip north!  Worked on this blog and did some spot dusting!

Ken was treated to breakfast by his friend, Gary, and from there went to Jamie's for a haircut.  Because it is National Creme Filled Donut Day, she had one for her dad when he arrived!  Ken only got home at 11:45 and we headed to Costco and Oregon Dairy for a few needed items for our trip!

We put everything away that we had purchased and then loaded the car with things to go into Wilbur.  We were pleased with all that we accomplished in a short time.  Ken rested and I worked on the blog and played some games on my tablet.  At 4:30 we drove to Ruby Tuesday in Lancaster which is where Ken chose for his birthday dinner.  He really enjoys their salad bar.  To complete the celebration we stopped at McDonald's for a hot fudge sundae.  We are really the last of the big spenders!

Once back home, we did a bit more packing and watched the news to see an update on Hurricane Florence.  What devastation she is causing!

Ken really enjoyed all the birthday cards he received, messages on his phone and Facebook, and the singing of Happy Birthday by family members.  It was a special day for the 68 year old!

Today was not a good one for my hip.  For some reason, I am having nerve pain that flies into my hip and thigh area.  When it "strikes" I have such a difficult time walking.  So, I am wondering if starting up my stretches and exercises again has contributed to the problem.  Again, I am comfortable sitting, but walking hurts so much!  Maybe it is the storm before the calm!!!!!!

Chuck and Melissa called to sing a gorgeous rendition of "Happy Birthday" and when we put the on speaker, the 4 of us had a great phone chat!  He is doing well since his rotator cuff surgery in April and Melissa's second back shot has really helped with her pain and ability to take walks!  We look forward to seeing them in April!

We watched some of America Ninja Warrior and I did some x-stitching!  In bed by 9:15 to do some reading.  Except for my hip, it was a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to Ken! I must have missed it on Facebook. So sorry to hear that you are having pain...hope you feel better soon. What are you not seeing Chuck and Melissa till April? No Florida this winter? We need to catch up sometime? Miss you.

    ReplyDelete