Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Tuesday in Avalon!

Today was an off and on sunny one but it was warm and humid.  What a relaxing morning.  Ken was up bright and early (5:30), no sleeping in for that boy!!!  I only appeared at 8:15 and so enjoyed having some extra sleep!  We weren't in a big hurry for breakfast so I got ready for the day and then Ken cut-up fruit while I made us omelettes.  We enjoyed eating outside and just chatting for quite a long while.

Ken started dishes and I went to talk with Fred and Doloris to let them know of our tentative plans for the day.  Ken and I both wanted to do some reading so we decided to only go to the beach around 1, weather permitting.  They were forecasting some rain from Hurricane Florence.

I spent time outdoors going through Facebook and Pinterest and also chatted with Ken's sister, Priscilla, and left a message with Nancy Savage.  Then I did my devotions.

We packed a few snacks and drinks and left at 12:30 to go to the beach.  Fred and Doloris had left around noon.  Ken and I weren't on the beach more than a 1/2 hour when he announced that it was supposed to start raining in 3 minutes, but not for very long.  It did look rather dark behind us, but we decided to wait and see what happened.  Needless to say, by the time we got back to the car we were very wet!  It stopped in about 10 minutes and no more rain was predicted, so back to the beach the 4 of us went, only to get rained on again about 5 minutes after we got there!  By now I was cold and wet and told Ken I would be ready to go back to the CG.  Also, Ken had planned to go to the car from 2:30 to 3:15 to listen to a conference call from the Red Letter Christians.  I thought he would enjoy it more if we were back at the CG.  We were back just when the call began.


So glad we could find a private spot on the beach!

No one in sight that direction!

Getting rather overcast!

Fred and Doloris decided to check out the water and
large waves following the 1st rain!


He listened to the call outdoors while I showered and did some reading.  Then I worked on this blog and downloaded photos.  We both did more reading and I finished my book after reading about 100+ pages.  It was a good one!  It rained rather heavily for an hour or so and there were many puddles around our RV's.

Ken grilled salmon and a pork chop for dinner to go with our salads.  After doing dishes, we went over to the Martins and spent the evening playing a game of Hand and Foot which the women won - hallelujah!  It was another fun evening.

After some chatting, we returned to Wilbur and were in bed by 11.  A short time of reading and then off to dreamland! 

No comments:

Post a Comment