Thursday, September 6, 2018

Thursday - The Heat Wave Continues!

Ken was up before me but we both watched the 7:00 morning news.  I did my exercises and stretches while Ken went for a long walk - his feet are feeling better, finally!  

Polly picked me up at 9 and we drove to Rachel's Crepierie in Lancaster to meet the Curvettes.   We considered it a "field trip" since some of the gals had never been there before and what a treat it was.  Marcia and I shared a western crepe and a fruit one, a winning combination.  I also enjoyed a delicious cup of Chai and I must say it is the best I ever had!

There were 8 of us and we had such a good time with lots of laughs and sharing.  They were all so supportive of my procedure today and I really appreciated their concern.  

Ken had made several appointments while I was gone for the car, ziplining for Bria and Cali this weekend, etc.

We left there around 11 and Polly brought me back home.  At 11:30 Ken and I drove to Brownstown for my appointment.  All went well and there really was no pain involved.  I just hope it makes a difference.  My appointment was 12:05 and by 12:35 we were headed back home.  No IV needed and there really was no pain - rather amazing!  Now I just hope I see an improvement!  They said I could experience more pain for a day or 2, but then I should start feeling an improvement.  I am allowed no exercising, including walking or riding bike for the next 4 days.  Couch potato here I come and I probably need Ken to wait on me!  Maybe I need a bell!

They had prescribed a "happy pill" for me before the procedure and I was feeling a bit tired when we got home.  So I worked on this blog and took a nap.  I went to bed at 1:30 and woke for the 1st time at 4:05, thinking it was the middle of the night but way too light outside.  Bingo!  I realized it was the afternoon and that was why Ken wasn't in bed with me!

Ken treated me like a queen making salads, grilled chicken and leftover corn for dinner.  We watched the news, I worked on this blog, and then I watched the 1st half of the Eagles football game. I tend to be more of a football fan than Ken.

I did have two nice phone conversations, one with Ken's sister and another with my camping friend, Melissa.  

I am going to try to be a "good girl" and take it easy the next 4 days.  Melissa had the same procedure in her back several months ago and advised me to do what they said.  She was not as good after she had the 1st injection but saw great improvement after the second one when she really behaved for about 4 days.  I plan to be "good"!

I also had a great talk with Noela, who sent me several message throughout the day to let me know they were thinking about me and my procedure.  I appreciated her concern.  We talked for quite awhile about our upcoming camping trips and how we are hoping to meet in Florida the end of November or early December in The Keys!  We are getting excited.

I spent the evening crocheting and Ken worked at his desk doing some reading and letter writing.  Ken was in bed around 10 but I only got there at 10:45.

Praying that the injection I had today will do its job and my pain, especially in my hip, will improve.  I need to be patient for it works different for everyone.  It could take as long as 14 days to work completely!  Time will tell!

Our good friend, Polly, had called late afternoon and wanted to bring pizza for Ken and I, but Ken had already started dinner.  What a thoughtful lady and we so appreciated her offer.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment