Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Wednesday - Another Extremely Hot and Humid Day!

This weather is positively crazy for September!  What a hot spell!  Ken was up early to do his reading and my "magic" wake-up time seems to be 6:45 most days.  I did my stretches and exercises and then watched the morning news with Ken.

He was out the door by 8 for his volunteer job at MCC.  I got ready for the day, had breakfast, and left by 9 to do some errands before going to Jamie's for a much needed haircut!  I enjoyed a nice visit with Jamie and only left around 11:30.  Ken got home shortly after I returned.

He shared about his day at MCC where he spent his time baling paper.  A hard and heavy job, but he gets to work with his buddy, Landis, who works there 4 days a week and is 87 years old.  He is an inspiration.  During break time all the volunteers were part of a dedication ceremony for a "container" ready to be shipped to the Ukraine with relief kits, hygiene kits, school kits, comforters, and laundry supplies.  What a great mission they provide to underprivileged places.

What a wonderful service these Mennonite folks do!



We ate a quick lunch and I left by 12:30 to go to my sister, Cindy's, at Mt. Joy.  We worked together making pretzels with melted rolos and pecans and others with melted Kisses and M & M's on top to take to Mom and Dad's surprise 70th anniversary next Tuesday hosted by Masonic Homes.  It was a lot of fun spending the afternoon with her.  We also went through some old photos finding some of Mom and Dad's wedding, their graduation, etc. that we will take to Masonic for the day of the party!

Ken did some reading, resting, and studying while I was gone.  We ate burrito bowls for dinner and by 5:45 for were on our way to Masonic Homes to play pinochle with Mom and Dad, because I am getting my back shot tomorrow afternoon and we can't won't be available to visit!

It was a fun evening, but the men won the 1st two games making it 10 in a row for them - disgusting.  We did win the last game and we were mighty proud of it.

Back home by 9:30 and it was off to bed for these tired seniors!

No comments:

Post a Comment