Friday, September 28, 2018

Friday - Rainy, Cloudy Morning, But Followed by Beautiful Sunshine!

We had additional rain during the night and early this morning - what is that about????   We are so ready for some beautiful sunny days!

Ken was up very early and did his reading and devotions.  I came out in time for the 7 AM news.  We both got ready, had breakfast, and I downloaded photos from yesterday while Ken did more reading.  I also had a great phone conversation with my sister.  They are discovering that it is a lot of work when you move from one motorhome to another.  There is quite a bit of reorganizing to do, but it is going well.  They are "ironing out" a few more bugs in "Barbie" (name for their new motorhome) and the dealership is working well with them.  It brought back memories for Ken and I when we traded in our 5th wheel (Willie) for Wilbur at Lazy Days in 2013.  We had to switch everything from one home to the other and totally empty our truck (we had traded it in too!), get a walk through, sign all the paperwork, and then go to the airport to pick up a rental car which they provided for us to drive back to PA.  We did all of that in 24 hours and then drove home leaving Wilbur at Lazy Days until we returned about 2 months later.  Ken and I wondered what we were thinking to try to do all of this in 24 hours, but it worked.  I just don't want to ever do that again!!!!

Ken and I left the CG around 10:30 and drove to St. Anthony Monastery in Kennebunk that Burt had told Ken about yesterday.  They have a large Gift Shop where Ken hoped to find a cross necklace (didn't find one!) and grounds that you can tour.  Ken toured their chapel and walked the grounds, but I only went with him to the gift shop.


St. Anthony's Monastery!

An outdoor worship area!

St. Francis



From there we drove to a nearby Wal-Mart for some needed groceries, our 1st time shopping since we left Hershey!  We did stop at a coffee shop in a very old building in a small town that had the best blueberry fritters we have ever tasted and we shared it!!!!!  We enjoyed the return trip to the CG seeing some beautiful homes, quaint towns, etc.  We only got back around 2 and were ready for lunch.  Ken read and rested because he was up from 4 AM on this morning.  I worked on the blog and did some reading.  

By 4:30 the sun was shining brightly and we decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and drive into Perkin's Cove so we Ken could take some photos of the fishing area and then shops.  
Don't you just love this crazy birdhouses???

The dock area at Perkins Cove!

Lots of lobster and fishing boats!


So many "cute" shops and eateries in the cove!





One of our favorite things to do in this area is walk on the Marginal Way - a paved path along the roughed coastline.  It is so beautiful and a must see and do if you are here!  I also had a chance to walk down to the water and look for some additional rocks to paint.  I now realize how special the rocks were that I got yesterday!


The beginning of the walk on the Marginal Way!

You have to love this area!

What a walkway with spectacular viewing!

The tide is coming in!



This would be a tough ride!

I don't believe this tree provides a lot of shade!  Does allow
for a great view of the water!


This houses a sewer treatment pump!

The view from this gorgeous home along the Marginal Way
is amazing!

A beautiful sky!
We came back to the CG around 6:45 and guess what?  We were hungry again!  Ken grilled salmon for himself while I made us salads and heated my leftover chicken parmesan from last night.  We did the dishes, watched some news, and I downloaded photos and worked on this blog.  I saw a repeat of the pilot episode of New Amsterdam.  I watched it on Tuesday, but that was during a heavy storm and I had so much trouble hearing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment